21-30

---o---

   heyy, this is author val here! so like AHEM!!- i've been pretty busy these few days so my writing schedule is pretty flexible . . . and not in a good way 💔 pls pls PLS be patient w/ me :-) 

(also im gonna tone down on vocabulary just a little bit bc *someone* cannot read for shit 💀)

---o---

   I went past the patterned fence and proceeded onto Door 0021. This room was unique compared to some of the other rooms I'd entered beforehand. 0021 offered a single hallway with a locked door on the other end. Bookshelves and some plants in the corner decorated it, similarly to previous rooms. However, on the right side of the wall, stood a door. Assuming I would find the key in there, I went ahead and entered the side room. Inside were giant windows that made up the majority of the wall opposite of the room's entrance. Around were boxes, beds, and furniture shuffled around it, giving off an abandoned-mansion type of feel. To the left was a fireplace, which encased a burning flame feeding off of some firewood. It looked exactly the same from Door 0016, with the placement of bricks to the limestone used for its surroundings. Although it was weird, it was comforting to be near the fireplace as the rain hits harshly against the windows, lightning flashing at random intervals. 

   When I went back to exploring the place, I saw a table in the distance. As I walked up to it, I saw that it had a top area that was accessible through the lifting of wood. Underneath the wooden cover laid a prescribed pills, presumably vitamins. My suspicions were correct when I picked up the strange item and read the words "Vitamins" printed on its label. I checked its instructions on the back. It says that it can "help you in a life-threatening situation" and that it "speeds up the process". It did also say that it was non-lethal no matter how many times you consumed it. I would've believed it . . . if I hadn't found it in a haunted, never-ending hotel. Nevertheless, I made room for it within my pockets, putting it with my lockpicks. 

   I continued to search through the drawers below it, and eventually found the key on the bottom drawer in the long, middle drawer. With the key in my hand, I walked out of the room and inserted it into the padlock. I effortlessly unlocked the door, the sound of the metal hitting the floor confirming my advance. As the door swung open with a beep, however, it was accompanied with the dreaded flickering of lights. 

   The room which could be accessed by Door 0022 held a heck ton of closets, maybe ten or twelve. I quickly got into the nearest closet and sat in silence as the familiar but fear-inducing sound of glitchy screaming approached at high speeds, following closely behind the sound of lightbulbs getting demolished to nothing but shards. As the terrifying entity zoomed past my closet again, I heard the door in front of the last swing open and slam against the wall. Eventually, the screaming abruptly stopped, signaling that it was over. I got out of the closet and looked around. Although it was dark, it wasn't nearly as dark as the room where I had encountered that floating face with tentacles coming from its "body". Just thinking about it gave me the shivers.

   I really wanted to go into detail about the looks of the room I was currently in, but it was too dark to say anything. I made my way out of the room, where Door 0023's lights were also shattered. Carefully making my way through the broken lightbulb shards and fallen furniture, I continued onward.

   Door 0024 was just a hallway with a stairway that goes up to the left. On the opposite side held a door that was board up for some unknown reason. There were some tables with flower pots and drawers here and there. Not seeing anything else worthy of exploring, I went up the stairs. As soon as I reached the top, a bookshelf in the distance fell over and crashed to the floor, dropping books and paper sheets in the air. This startled me greatly, almost making me fall back down the stairs. Thankfully, I regained my balance just in time before tumbling down. I looked to my left and right. To my left, there was yet another boarded up door which probably led to a room that once was. To my right was a door with the numbers "0025" carved into its golden plate.