Chapter 36

We all jump into action after we have formed a plan and I follow Hopper outside in the cold air, we head to the back of the yard to where a creaky old wooden shed sits and I swing open the door

We all jump into action after we have formed a plan and I follow Hopper outside in the cold air, we head to the back of the yard to where a creaky old wooden shed sits and I swing open the door. "Will this do?" I ask the man and he steps into the doorway, taking a look inside "yeah, I guess." He answers sounding skeptical although I know it is just about the plan in general. We then start dragging everything from inside, out. Hopper and I work in silence although it is not awkward, rather therapeutic actually. I don't have to try to come up with something to say.

Once that is done, Steve and Nancy get to work on making the inside of the shed unrecognisable for when we wake up Will. I try to not feel weird about Steve being alone with ex girlfriend, I mean Nancy is my friend and Steve and I only kissed. So it shouldn't matter whether anything happens between them or not. "Hey." Jonathan says coming up beside me and offering me a glass of water "thanks." I say taking it and bringing it to my lips.

"Thank you." He says after a moment and I look over at him. In usual Jonathan fashion he has his hands sticking awkwardly in the front pockets of his jeans and I tilt my head slightly "why?" I ask and he shrugs, scuffing a foot on the floor. "For doing all this." He says gesturing around us "I know you have other shit to deal with right now." I shake my head and place my water on the table behind us.

I then turn back to face him "Will is like my second little brother." I tell him casually "you know I would do anything for that little guy." Jonathan flashes me a weak smile and turns to the forest surrounding his home. I do the same and think I catch a glimpse of someone between the trees. "What will you do when Will is better?" Jonathan asks, I take a moment before replying with a shrug and saying "I'm not sure, I guess I'll have to hunt down Rosemary before she can do any real damage." I pause for a second "maybe I'll even try to take down the Academy."

This causes my friend to tense "are you sure you can do that?" He asks with a concerned tone "I mean, they sound like people bad people." I sit down on the steps and clasp my hands together "they worse then you think they are." I admit looking over at the dark shed "maybe one day, I'll tell you about how truly terrible they are. But that's why I have to go after them. I cant let them damage anymore children."

Jonathan and I go over to help his mum. "You really think this is gonna work?" He asks his mum as we start to assist her, "he knew who I was." She explains looking at the two of us with wide eyes "he's still in there. It's gonna work. It has to." I place a comforting hand on her arm and give her a small smile "it will Joyce, I promise." She nods her head and we get back to work.

-

When everything is finally ready Jonathan brings Will over, carrying him as though he weighs nothing. We sit him upright on a chair and secure him in place so he cant escape. It's a horrible thing to do but necessary if we want this to work. "All right, you ready?" Hopper asks Joyce quietly and she nods, not taking her eyes off of her son "yeah." That gave the chief of police permission to go over to the young boy and pace a bottle of cleaning acid under his nose to wake him up.