Chapter 67

Eddie, Nancy, Robin, Steve and I are all hiding under the cover of a giant rock in the Upside Down, careful not to rouse the attention of the bats flying overhead

Eddie, Nancy, Robin, Steve and I are all hiding under the cover of a giant rock in the Upside Down, careful not to rouse the attention of the bats flying overhead. "Oh, okay. That was close." Robin says crawling out of our hiding place once the swarm has passed "Yeah." Eddie says, his voice tense "Too close." I help Steve out, as he clutches his side in pain. "You're losing a lot of blood." I say setting him down on a rock and ripping off the sleeve of my shirt without even thinking, "I'm fine." He tries to wave me off but I give him an 'I don't believe you' look before gesturing for him to raise his arms. 

He sighs but does as instructed, I start to use my sleeves to bandage him up. It won't do forever, but it will do until we get out of here. "My hero." He says weakly, I smile and kiss him softly "all better." I say. "The good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a symptom of rabies." Robin informs us "But if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling aggressive, like you wanna punch me, let me know." It is still hard to believe that Robin's biggest fear is rabies and now whatever lurks in the dimension we are currently in. "Robin." Steve says, wincing as he tries to stand again "I kinda wanna punch you." I giggle gently and Robin goes slightly red. "Sense of humour's still intact. That's a good sign." She laughs nervously. 

"So, uh, this place is like Hawkins, but with monsters and nasty shit?" Eddie asks, who has climbed ontop of the rock we were just hiding under. "Pretty much." Nancy says as Steve throws his arm around my shoulder, I know he is putting most of his weight on me but thanks to my enhanced strength I have no trouble supporting him. "Wait, watch out for the vines." Nancy warns the other boy "It's all a hive mind." Eddie freezes where he is and looks between us. "It's all a what?" He asks and Steve answers "All the creepy crawlies around here. They're like, one or something. You step on a vine, you're stepping on a bat, you're stepping on Vecna." It is still creepy how it is all connected, that no where in this place is safe. 

As Eddie slowly makes his way back down, Robin speaks "But everything from our world is still here right? Except people?" I nod my head, clutching onto my boyfriend tightly "As far as I understand it, yeah." Robin points at us, trying to wrap her head around it "So, theoretically, we could go to the police station and steal guns and grenades and whatever we need to blow up those bat things that are guarding the gate." I pull a face and retort "I highly doubt the Hawkins PD has grenades, Robin. But guns, yeah, sure." Nancy, who has been staring off into space for the last five minutes adds "Well, we don't have to go all the wat into downtown for guns." We all look at her expectantly "I have guns in my bedroom." 

Eddie finally joins us on the ground "You, Nancy Wheeler, have guns, plural, in your bedrom?" He questions and to be fair, from an outside perspective it is hard to believe but after everything we have gone through the past couple of years, it would be weird for her not to have them. "Full of surprises isn't she?" Robin muses enthusiastically and Nancy explains further "A Russian Makarov and a revolver." Steve shifts out of my grasp slightly and comments "Yeah, you almost shot me with that one." He says it as though it is a fond memory, maybe it is for them. "You almost deserve it." She replies, smirking at him. Eddie then throws him his t-shirt back and says "For your modesty, dude." And Steve slips the t-shirt on.