Chapter 68

After communicating with Dustin and the others from another dimension, we figure out that we ride bikes to Eddie's

After communicating with Dustin and the others from another dimension, we figure out that we ride bikes to Eddie's. Where, theory is that, there is another gate there that we can use to get back to our dimension. Thank god that my brother has the genius gene, I'd never tell him that of course, that boy has an ego the size of Texas. We finally get to the trailer park and to Eddie's home. "Right here." He says jumping off his bike. "That's gotta be a Guinness World Record." Robin muses, panting slightly "Most miles traveled inter dimensionally." I snort and the others laugh as well. Steve spits, unattractively onto the floor "Just inhaled a bunch of that crap. It's stuck in my throat." I give him a fake sympathetic look and he rolls his eyes. ]

The inside of Eddie's trailer looks pretty much the same as Nancy's place, except for the gaping red hole in the ceiling. "Oh crap." I mutter because that is going to be a bitch to climb through. "This is where Chrissy died." Eddie explains lowly "Like, right where she died." There is a squelching noise coming from the gate and we hear Robin speak "I think there's something in there." We all stare at it closely "What the hell is that?" I ask although no one else knows the answer. Suddenly something comes poking through the gate causing all of us to leap back with a scream. 

"No way." Steve says as we slowly make our way over to the gate, we see that on the other side is in fact, the normal version of the trailer and a rope waiting for us. On the other end is Dustin, Max, Lucas and Lucas' little sister Erica. They are all waving and I can hear my brother's stupid laugh "Hey there." He says and we all reply back hesistantly. "Okay, this is kinda cool." I admit, we are looking at them through the same ceiling they are looking up at. If we told anyone about this they would think we are lying. 

Lucas and Max move a mattress underneath the gate so that when we fall through we have something soft to land on. "Those stains are uh..." Eddie tries to explain away the marks on his mattress but then changes his mind when he sees the look on our faces "I dunno what those stains are." I snort and cross my arms, watching the kids above us work. Dustin then comes over and throws a rope made out of sheets for us to climb up to get through the gate and by some wonder of physics, it actually works.

"Pull on it, see if it holds!" My brother shouts and Steve does just that, briefly forgetting about his injury and tugs in the sheets. They don't budge and we all start laughing. Robin moves over to the rope and says "Guess I'm the Guinea Pig." Before climbing up. We watch as she reaches the gate and then falls through to the other side, landing on the mattress and looking up at us. Next is Eddie, then Nancy. Except, she stands at the rope completely still, my blood runs cold. Steve goes over to her and shakes her "Hey! Nancy!" But she doesn't move. 

The others on the other side scramble to find music that Nancy would like to save her from Vecna's curse. Before they can get here with any decent music, it seems she has gotten out of it on her own and she falls to the ground. Steve catches her "it's okay." He soothes although we all know it is probably far from it. She gasps and clutches onto him tightly before we eventually go through the gate.