3

"You've arrived! Arrived!"

    God damn why is it so loud, truly that bird is on my last nerve today.

    "(Y/N)." I sent a glare toward Tomioka instantly ending what he would have said.

    "Yes, yes I know." I let out a deep sigh and rolled my aching shoulders. "Sorry. Once this is over I really do need a break."

    I looked around spotting some tracks, one pair of footprints, and a tumble-down down below there are two people, one is fending off the other. "Tomioka, it's your turn to check this out. One of them is a demon, the boy down there is fighting."

    Tomioka nodded we made our way down assuring to loop and avoid the demon seeing us. We don't want to risk it killing the boy because we're around after all. And there it was, the young boy holding off a demon, either he's strong or that's a weak demon.

    "I'll go." I nod and watch as Tomioka interferes. Well, he tries.

    The young boy protects the demon, rolling away into a tree from Tomioka's impact. The boy sat holding the demon as Tomioka got a few answers from him. I should try to move closer to find out what they're saying, but right now is Tomioka's moment.

    Oh, damn Tomioka grabbed her, now you're doing your job. Now they're talking again. Poor boy, the demon's his sister? Please, continue shouting I'm involved now. Aw, this boy is really determined to save his sister and turn her back, revenge too. This sounds like a solid plot line honestly. Though, his crying and determination are making my heart throb. If Tomioka doesn't end this I'm going to become emotionally attached to these two. Shit, Tomioka is shouting and scolding him? He's pissing Tomioka off, but I suppose he's connecting to him some. More progress than anyone else has made.

    Fuck he stabbed her, There's a rock thrown, good try kid, but down you go knocked out. The hell? Oh, fuck, the kid threw the hatchet. Damn, that was smooth, the boy just really pulled an incredible move against Tomioka, he's quite smart, and thinks well in the spur of the moment. Tomioka was kind of smooth too with avoiding the hatchet but he's had training and experience, I'll give him about a half credit for that. Maybe the boy should train our rookies instead, they wouldn't dream of doing something like that. Tomioka you dumbass you let her go, oh wait never mind she's protecting him. For just being recently turned and wounded, never consumed flesh, she's incredibly strong-willed. Tomioka realizes it too, it's not the usual sibling pair we see, but these two may actually have the chance we've searched for. A determined and quick-witted brother and a strong-willed demon sister.

    Yes, I think I'll keep them both.

    Back to the issue at hand, Tomioka had both the demon girl and the boy knocked out and on the ground. "Damnit."

    I sat beside the young boy examining the scar on his forehead. "He loves her Tomioka." I continued to examine the boy for wounds, scratches, anything really before finding nothing major. "It's your call-" He had already begun carving out his water bottle, he's keeping her.

    "He'll go to Urokodaki." I nodded.

    "He's going to be our responsibility you know. Urokodaki-san also has to pay the price if anything happens." I watched him tie the ribbon around the carved bamboo and place it in the girl's mouth.

    "You don't have to-"

    "Yes, I do. We both came across them, we're both sparing her life, and we both are going to send that boy off to Urokodaki-san." Tomioka nodded.

" Tomioka nodded