7

I sat with Kyojuro as he prepared to go out on another mission, this time I would be seeing him off as I was still pretty badly injured from my last mission. I was an idiot and fell off the cliff after I had killed the demon I was after. So of course my leg was broken and I had a few broken ribs.

            According to Kyojuro, passengers and a few Demon Slayers have gone missing on a train in the city, so he and a few lower-ranked Demon Slayers would be sent out to eliminate whatever demon may be residing there. It seems the longer you do this job the smarter these demons become since, honestly, that isn't a bad plan. A train is always packed, with many different people going on and off all day every day. A few humans here and there could easily be chopped up to runaways. Unfortunately for them, we keep pretty close tabs on our Demon Slayers and areas with high potential for activity.

            There's a horrible feeling in my stomach though, Senjuro has it too. Something is gnawing at us to not allow Kyojuro to go on that mission. But, a Hashira's duty is one that never stops until we see the day demons cease to exist. "Alright, I should be leaving now!!"

            I grabbed the crutches from beside my bedside table and hobbled my way outside with Kyojuro "I want you to be careful, okay?". Kyojuro chuckled and nodded in response as we made it to the entrance.

             "Get plenty of rest (Y/N)! You need to heal up so we can go on missions again!" I nodded and stretched out an arm, the crutch digging into my arm.

            "And Kyojuro?" He hummed at me while giving me a side hug. "I love you, you're my brother so you better come home safe."

            Kyojuro squeezed me a bit and chuckled, "Of course (Y/N)! I love you too!"

           Kyojuro gave me a light side hug before going on his way. I hobbled back to the butterfly estate where I saw the boys getting ready for a mission again.

            "(Y/N)!" I smiled as Tanjiro came up to me.

            "Hi Tanjiro, you three already heading out again?" He nodded and smiled up at me.

            "Yes! We're going to accompany Rengoku Kyojuro on a mission." I nodded and looked back at Inosuke chasing Agatsuma-kun with the growing pit in my stomach. "The smell of anxiety is strong on you (Y/N), what's wrong?" I forget about his nose.

            I sighed deeply and looked back at Taniro, "I'm not sure. Something about Kyojuro going on this mission worries me." I chuckled and ruffled his hair. "It's probably because I can't join him since I'm injured. Just look after him for me, alright?"

            Tanjiro nods and he leaves with his friends towards the designation. Hopefully, they'll help Kyojuro if anything happens.

            I sat beside Aoi as she did laundry and I wrote a letter to Urokodaki-san

            I sat beside Aoi as she did laundry and I wrote a letter to Urokodaki-san. The pit hasn't left since the boys left and concerned for my health, Aoi has had me accompany her for the time being. She's a sweet girl just quite strict. I shakily stood up to look for my crow only to notice he had left, I could've sworn he wasn't gone that long.