6

I stretched allowing myself time to wake up and looked over at a sleeping crow. That's right, we have a meeting today. Shinazugawa-san should be coming back from his mission today as well. Though, for some reason, I have a horrible pit in my stomach. Usually, I get quite excited to see Shinazugawa-san's safe return, especially since Mitsuri-san helped decipher my conflicted feelings for him as feelings of romantic love and admiration as of late. Insane that I went from being hung up over Kanae to falling hopelessly in love with the other one hung up over her.

            Nonetheless, the meeting, I had to rush to get ready. Damn crow sleeping in, and god damnit Kyojuro, he'll have an earful once I'm done with him. He's supposed to wake me up on days like this.

           Knock, knock

            Unless that's him now. Quickly throwing on a top and bottoms I rush towards my room door to open it. "Tomioka?" Why is he here- fuck.

            "It's time."

            I stared at my feet trying to prevent my nerves from taking control before I nodded. "Come in and turn around. Brief me while I get dressed." He nodded and stepped in, immediately facing the wall.

           As I dressed in my uniform and haori Tomioka told me about the events of Mt. Natagumo. Tanjiro had come in contact with a lower Kizuki, he and Nezuko put up quite the fight and even a long run after Shinobu found them both. They've been taken into custody, that's why we have this meeting. This came sooner than I had hoped it would.

            "Well, I suppose we should go and find out where our fates lie." He nods and I put a hand on his shoulder letting him know I'm done changing. "Let's go."

           I stared at the others lined up with each other as Tanjiro lays on the ground unconscious

           I stared at the others lined up with each other as Tanjiro lays on the ground unconscious. Nezuko was nowhere to be seen which honestly worried me. I stood between Tomioka and the group, typically I stand right next to Kyojuro but my nerves were truly getting the better of me. Plus I truly have no clue where I stand with everyone after today, well, other than Tomioka.

           As I arrive I feel some looks and glances being sent my way. Most are coming from Tengen seeing as he can hear my heart beat rapidly against my chest, he knows I'm nervous. Shinobu gives Tanjiro some water and I want to step in and assure that he's okay. I've grown too close to that boy and his sister. I saw him off with Urokodaki-san when he became a Demon Slayer and I can't express how many tears were shed.

            "That demon is my little sister! My family was slaughtered by a demon, she was turned into a demon. She has never hurt anyone, and she never will." Oh Tanjiro, everyone makes doubting comments in response as he talks about finding a cure for her and how she wouldn't hurt anyone.

            "Excuse me. But I believe the master wouldn't be unaware of this situation, I believe we should wait until he arrives." You're right on the money Mitsuri, Ubuyashiki-sama has known since day one.