5

"Hello? Urokodaki-san?" I looked around the tiny house in case the old man happened to be in the back or close to the forest.

            I planned to stop by on my days off to check in with him and the kids but no one is to be seen. I know they're alive, it's been a year of continuous contact at this point, if she hadn't eaten them by now then all would be well.

            I once again stood at the door and knocked. "Urokodaki-san, I know you're around here somewhere." I huffed and looked at the ground, Old man is too light on his feet, but Kamado-kun surely isn't. He's quite heavy-footed, he steps heavy and proud with each step, consequently, he leaves excellent tracks. So I began to follow them up the mountain until I reached the waterfall. At the waterfall sat a soaked Kamado-kun and a dry Urokodaki-san. Ha, Kamado-kun looks like a wet dog.

            "Urokodaki-san, I see your hip hasn't gone out yet." I giggled as Kamado-kun went pale and Urokodaki-san slowly spun to face me. "Kamado-kun! Good to see you're doing well."

            "(Y/N), you didn't tell me you were coming." I nodded and pointed and tapped the hilt of my sword.

            "Got done with a mission nearby and was given a break so I wanted to see how the kids were doing." Kamado-kun stood up and gave me a short bow which I smiled at. "Stand up Kamado-kun, you're not a Demon Slayer yet so you don't need to bow."

            He nodded and smiled at me. "You're (L/N)-san, right? Urokodaki-sama gets letters from you a lot." I nodded.

            "Yes well, I do need to keep tabs on you and your sister's progress. You've improved so much in such little time Kamado-kun. Oh, and please just call me (Y/N), (L/N)-san makes me feel old."

            Kamado-kun nodded happily as Urokodaki-san started to speak. "We'll cut today short due to our sudden visitor, Let's go back."

            "Water breathing is quite a simple technique compared to the other techniques out there

            "Water breathing is quite a simple technique compared to the other techniques out there. Though, Urokodaki-san can make anything look simple. But, it's very good you have a solid grasp on it Kamado-kun. You're on track to becoming a Demon Slayer in no time." I sipped at my soup as we all sat together talking.

            "Yes! What about your breathing technique? Who taught you?" I smiled and glanced at my blade.

            "Well, I made it up myself. I tried to learn another technique, but it didn't quite work out so I took it into my own hands.." Kamado-kun's eyes lit up and he looked at Urokodaki-san.

            "That's possible?'

            Urokodaki-san nodded and sat his bowl down. "Yes, but it isn't easy Tanjiro." I nodded confirming, "Very few people can do so. (Y/N) happens to be one of the talented few." Kamado-kun deflated and sipped at his soup. "(Y/N), how long until your next mission?" I shrugged at Urokodaki-san.