12

When daylight took over the Entertainment District did the Ogimoto house remain fairly silent aside from the girls doing their usual running around. I had woken up long before Sanemi, seems he made himself very comfortable. The head of the house had already stopped by to make sure everything was okay and to help further convince me to win him over. That lady was nice, yes, but I couldn't understand the rush she has to push me out and to insinuate that "Inoko" would be hard to take with. I have the theory of she wants him to branch out without sort of clinging to me so he can soon become their money maker but we hopefully won't be staying long enough to figure it out.

            I heard a groan and the sheets rustle as Sanemi woke up. My breath hitched and my face grew hot. I could never get over him. His eyes were half-lidded, a small smirk on his face, chest, and abs exposed. Somehow he had discarded his shirt overnight so I could see every curve of his muscles and the indent of his scars that littered his arms, chest, and back. I have seen it many times, sure, but hot damn it keeps getting better. I smile over at him as I was doing some stretching in the loose casual kimono I was given.

            "That's a sight." I raised an eyebrow and followed his eyes to my chest where I had wrapped it in bandage with padded contents.

            I glared at him and huffed, "Don't get used to it."

            He chuckled and stretched. "I'm going to find Uzui. I'll be back tonight." I nodded as I finally stood upright and walked over to him.

            He stood up beside me and put his hands on my hips, leaning in for a kiss. Happily, I leaned in as well, we shared a few kisses, the faint taste of sake and ohagi on our lips. I handed him back his top which he put on. Damn, I'm gonna miss those muscles and scars. "I'll see you later then." He nodded and stole another kiss before he went to the door and I fixed my kimono as I walked him out.

" He nodded and stole another kiss before he went to the door and I fixed my kimono as I walked him out

            I groaned and looked around, the world was blurry, and the ground was stabbing into me. Where the hell am I? Is that- holy shit its Makio, and Suma, where's Hinatsuru?

            "(Y/N)! Oh my gosh!" Suma ran over to me and lifted me. "You're up! Lord Tengen is fighting those nasty demons and those little kids went with him. The weird one in the mask said your boyfriend was looking for you! Oh oh, who is it?" I froze as she sat me down.

            What the hell happened after I went to sleep that night? How long have I been out? Looking around there were elegant pink sashes around that have been slashed by Tanjiro's friends. Tengen's muscle mice were carrying my uniform and blade among the ruin around us. A few ladies stood around and in one of the sashes, there was the face and figure of a woman. Was that where I was?

           The last thing I remember was escorting Sanemi out before being assigned my chores. I spent the day with Inosuke cleaning and training to become more elegant and "proper". I was going to wait up for Sanemi but for some reason, the day had been so exhausting. I found it odd since I had more rigorous days fighting demons and pushed through hours of training after no sleep. In hindsight, I could've been drugged, I think I would've noticed that though. Either way, I passed out the second I sat on the bed. I can't remember anything past that.

            I snapped out of whatever the hell that was and groaned in frustration as I took my blade from the mice. If Tengen is out there fighting demons that means there's a strong one, maybe more, and that means the boys are out there too. Most importantly there's Sanemi, I really left my boyfriend out of the blue. Fuck, I'm probably gonna get an earful after this.

            I gave a quick smile to Suma and Makio as I took off my padding and tossed off my shoes, loosening my kimono and shaking off my nerves. "Thanks, you two. Please get to safety and grab Hinatsuru on your way, I need to meet up with everyone else. I'll uhm, I'll tell you who my boyfriend is after we're safe, yeah?" I then leaned towards the muscle mice and patted one of their heads. "Thank you guys, I don't have enough time to change so just keep that safe, 'kay?" They nodded and trotted back off from where they came from.

            With a final nod to the women I set off, the sight of destroyed buildings, crushed civilians, blood splatters, and the sounds of screaming and crying awaited me outside the hole. Maybe I shouldn't have abandoned those shoes. As uncomfortable and unsuited they were for fighting they'd at least cover my feet from splinters. The farther I went the louder the sounds of fighting became.

            Being careful as I leaped around I sucked in my breath at the events unfolding before me. In front of me were two separate battles. On my left, there was Sanemi, Inosuke, and Agatsuma-kun fighting a feminine demon, one with sashes. Presumably, thats the one who held me and the women down there hostage. Then to my right were Tengen and Tanjiro fighting a thin green-haired demon who wielded sickles. The men to my left were severely injured but somehow fending off the thin demon well.

            Now, who do I help, Sanemi and the boys or my late brother's best friend– likely fling, and Tanjiro? Why the hell is this even a debate...

Word Count: 973

A/N:

            Hey y'all, I'm sorry this chapter took some time to get out. If you check my announcement wall I typically keep everyone updated to my comfortability. Nonetheless, I'm still really sorry, especially since this one is so short considering the time I took. Hopefully, everyone had a happy Halloween and a wonderful Dia De Los Muertos (if you celebrate those ofc)! I know I did, especially Los Muertos.

            Anyway... I think I'll write a smut chapter.