10

I sat inside the butterfly estate taking inventory for Kocho as she was out. That was until I heard screams and crying, normally, I wouldn't pay any mind to this since some Demon Slayers are babies when it comes to a needle. But, these weren't the screams of terrified Demon Slayers, it was the girls.

            Clearly, it would be a horrible idea if I'm ever allowed to have a child, but surprisingly when it comes to those girls I suddenly gain whatever incredible power it is to be a parent. Fortunately, these mysterious powers kicked in as I ran outside trying to find them. And of course, Tengen is there, and so are Kanao and Tanjiro for some reason.

            Tengen has Aoi on one shoulder and Naho on the other arm. Kanao was pulling on Tengen with the other two as Tanjiro rushed to headbutt him. Of course, Tengen has seen him do this before and went out of the way, still holding the girls.

            "You fool, Im Uzui Tengen, a former Shinobi! A man known for his resplendency, did you really think I'd fall for one of your vulgar headbutts?" Come on, I don't have the energy for this right now.

            "You let those girls go you, kidnapper!" I chuckled as the girls agreed and Kanao fist-bumped the air, completely confused. "You have no business doing this!" I snorted as Tengen freaked out from being called a dirty man.

            Ignoring the yelling I walked up behind Kanao as Tengen explained how he needed the girls for a mission, does he not realize we have women in the corps he can ask or request help from? Plus, they're Shinobu's girls, she'd be pissed if he took them. You mother- Tengen really dropped Naho just because she isn't a member of the corps. Where the hell is your wives? You need a reality check Tengen.

            Tengen insulted Aoi and her strength as he insisted he takes her along before being told off by Tanjiro. Your mom raised you right Tanjiro, you tell him. "Good grief, you're lame. No wonder the Demon Slayer Corps keeps on getting weaker and weaker." Should I step in yet? No, no, I'll wait a moment.

            "What if we went in place of Miss Aoi?" We? Are you just pushing Inosuke and Agatsuma-kun into this without consent?

            It seems Tengen had the same question as the boys who appeared on their side of Tanjiro. Poor Agatsuma-kun was shaking as he talked to him, Inosuke was only riled up."Alright fine, I guess I'm taking you three instead."

            Okay, hold on, using my brain for once. What the hell does a Hashira need with low-rank corps members? If this is anything like the train mission, they'll need backup. "You're taking four, Tengen."

           Tengen stared down at me as the kids looked back, all he did was shrug before continuing. "You guys can only go if you obey my only command." That dumbass didn't just smack Aoi's ass, Makio will be hearing of this.

            We got the boys prepared and I checked up on the girls before we were ready to set off

            "Okay, so where are we going old man?" I stifled my laugh from Inosuke's comment, surprisingly enough Tengen just let the comment pass.