part thirty-three

brianna

"you guys look so beautiful!" cassie's and my mom squeal after we walk down the stairs. lexi trails shortly behind, her mom going estatic over her aswell.

it's the night of winter formal. we finally made it.

although i thought this night would go much differently, aka us having dates, im not mad at the fact that all us girls are going solo, except for rue and jules of coarse. although something does feel off with them too.

i think it'll be good for me and cassie to go with each other though, seems like after her taking care of her situation, mkay has been no where to be found.

and after that night at nate's house, nearly a month ago, we haven't talked much, only a pointless argument we had about me asking about his situation with his dad, and from there it seems like he's cut me off again. i don't know if i hit a nerve, but he ended up going off on me, which till this day i don't understand because i was the one who was there that night for him. holding him. while he cried to me. but i guess that means nothing right?

also rumors have it that he's gone back to his hoeish ways, hearing about the different girls he's been fucking lately has not been fun for me. but that's just nate i guess. i've honestly been trying my hardest not to think about him.

our parents end up taking so many pictures, like a unreasonable amount, you'd think it was senior prom night.

we eventually finally end up being able to leave, cassie driving us as we have to first stop to go pick up maddy.

even though this might sound like a problem, i somehow don't think it is. honestly at this point neither of us have nate, so i don't know about maddy but i don't really have a reason to still hate her. i honestly think we could put this behind us.

she scurries to the car, hoping in the backseat with me and to my surprise starts shaking me as she squeals in excitement.

"you look so fucking good bri." she says, i can tell shes hesitate, not sure how i will react.

i smile really big at her. "says you bitch." i embrace her with a hug before she leans forward, giving cassie and lexi a hug as well.

"anyone want some of this?" she offers a orange gatorade bottle.

lexi's the first to grab it, while cassie shakes her head
no.

"what is it?"

"gatorade and a whole bunch of shit." she says, as lexi takes a sip, practically gagging so hard she looks like she'll actually throw up.

i laugh at her reaction and reach for it next. she wasn't lying when she said it was a whole bunch of other shit, this drink being deadly strong.

as the ride to school continues, maddy and i end up making conversation about, you guessed it, nate.

"he's like such a dick for no reason. i just don't understand him." she goes on and i nod.

"letting him come between us has to be one the stupidest things we've ever done." i admit, actually realizing that i've missed having maddy's friendship in my life.

"agreed."

it falls silent for a few before she taps me again. "can i tell you a secret?" she says, making me nod as she leans into my ear.

"about a couple weeks ago, we were fucking and he couldn't get hard. i don't know bri, i think he's having like a sexual awakening about his sexuality." she whispers to me.

my brows furrow as i let out a laugh. "wait, maddy are you serious? you think nate's gay?"

she also bursts into laughter. "i don't know what to think, but this whole thing is just weird. his whole family is just fucking weird." she says as we pull into the school parking lot.