part sixteen

"you're the luckiest bitch ever. you can literally eat that without gaining a pound." cassie says watching me eat my funnel cake.

it's the school's annual carnival. rides, food, contests, prizes, all that type of stuff.

i smile up to her, realizing she seems upset. she's clearly worried about her and mkay's fight. she's glanced down to her phone several times in the last five minutes, waiting for any sign of care from mkay.

apparently mkay didn't claim her as his girlfriend when they went to talk to nate earlier, causing him to be a dick and try to blame it on cassie's reputation aka her videos that've been leaked.

i dig my fork in deep in the funnel cake, holding it up. "take a bite."

her face scrunches up, pushing my hand away. "ew carbs, no way." she states making me frown.

i side eye her, not removing my hand. i know she loves funnel cakes, them being our favorite since we were younger.

she sighs, finally giving in as she bites the piece from my fork, smiling when she chews.

"this is so good oh my god." she states.

i laugh at her expression when i feel a tug against my arm, me turning to find rue.

"brianna, have you seen my sister? jules and i seriously can't find her anywhere." she says to me.

my eyebrows furrow as i look around suddenly, trying to see if i can see her anywhere near.

i look back to her, a worried look written all over her face. me and rue are not on the best terms right now but i can clearly tell she's desperate.

"no i haven't, but i'll help you look." i smile to her.

i tell cassie i'll meet back up with her later as i rush off with rue.

we check most of the rides lines and even go to the food areas even though we know gia barely eats anything but her moms cooking.

"fuck, we have to be home in thirty minutes. what the fuck am i going to do." rue screams, her hands running along her face.

i wrap my arms around she shoulder, trying to calm her as i notice gia's friend walk by.

i pull back the younger girl, making her spin. "where's gia?"

she goes silent, clearly trying to keep the secret, making rue sigh before asking her again. the small girl gives us a worried look before she ends up spilling that she's somewhere by the gravatron.

there's two trucks parks in the empty field located behind the ride. when we walk up, the entire area smells like weed, me already figuring out what's going on.

there's a bunch of people here, gia sitting in the open trunk of one of the cars.

"gia, what the hell. i've been calling you." rue states.

"rueee." gia extends her words when she sees us.

"are you stoned right now?" i ask, gia shaking her head quickly.

"nahhh."

"oh you guys know rue." gia mumbles to her friends.

the boys laugh, the twin that's sitting next to gia smirking.

"yo roy, this is rue's little sister." he announces to his brother laying on the car across him.

"yeah i knew that by the way she was hittin the weed." he jokes, the entire group laughing, including gia.

"alright let's go." rue says.

"go? we're having a good time." the other twin states.

"i'm having the best time." gia backs him up.