part thirteen

"Brianna Leah Clayco! What the hell!" i hear my moms voice scream, startling me out of my sleep.

my eyes shoot open to the sight of her in my doorway, as i sit up quickly, grabbing the blanket against my naked body.

"mom, what are you doing here!" i yell, but i can tell by the look on her face she's really pissed off.

i hit against nates side super hard under the covers, making him slowly wake up as well.

he leans up, rubbing his eyes with his hands. "what time it is?" he asks me.

i open my mouth to speak, but my mom interrupts my thought.

"time for you to get the hell out of my house!" she says across the room.

nate's head snaps towards her, his mouth dropping. "oh shit."

"i don't know who the fuck you are, but you have the two minutes to change and get out of my goddamn house." my mom says, turning away, but remains standing in the middle of my room.

"mom, can we have some privacy." i say sarcastically.

"you didn't respect my privacy by bringing some stranger into my home so no brianna, you cannot."

i huff, scooting off my bed. i grab all of nates clothes and reach back to give them to him, not forcing him to get dress two feet away from my mother, but instead from the other side of the bed at least.

once he's dressed and i have on the long hoodie that drapes over me and my underwear, i stand, quietly motioning him to walk behind me.

"can i walk him out?" i say to my mom, her still facing the other way.

she peaks over her shoulder before fully turing towards us, seeing we're dressed now.

she eyes us both, before sighing. "five minutes. then your ass better meet me in my room so we can talk about this."

i nod, me and nate continuing to walk pass her, going down the stairs.

"what the fuck happened? i don't even remember falling asleep." nate whispers as we still walk out the house.

i shrug, my mind in complete shock about what's happening right now.

i've never got caught with anything like this with my mom. my expectations for our upcoming talk frightens me just thinking about it.

"i don't either. god, we really fucked up." i mumble.

i walk him across the street to his truck, stopping in front of the door.

he pulls my body towards him, embracing me by wrapping his arms around my frame.

"it'll be okay. parents should know shit happens." he tries.

"fuck that. my mom doesn't even know me and hardin broke up. i have a lot of explaining to do over shit i don't even understand most of the time."

"what don't you understand? you and hardin broke up and you're with me now. not that fucking difficult brianna." nate states, rather sternly.

"for fake-"

"what?"

"i'm with you for fake. this shit right here isn't real. we agreed on it, so yeah excuse me if i find it difficult to explain to my mother about my fucking pretend relationship when i'm suppose to still be with my ex in her eyes." i scoff at his insensitivity.