part twenty-seven

"this is kinda boring." i breathe out, my eyes watching as the clock ticks.

"what you expect, the fuck?" fezco smiles over at me, making me laugh softly.

"like people coming in and out, big time drug lords coming in asking for their money and shit. i don't fucking know, just some action."

he shakes his head, pulling out his phone as i watch him check his messages.

"nahh, it don't roll like that."

i sigh again, swinging my feet back and forth since i'm sitting on the counter. i look over at fez, analyzing his features until he looks up.

"what bruh?"

"i was just thinking, you know what would really make this shit better? molly." i smile up, hoping he agrees.

"hell nah."

my mouth drops, as i look at him. "what! why not?"

"not on the job bri."

i chuckle as i roll my eyes. "i don't fucking work here. and part of you job is selling drugs from the back so why not test the product?" i try to get him to say yes but he begins to shake he head again, making me frown.

"cmon, just one hit?"

"nah bri. i'm all out." fezco speaks, bringing his black up to his lips as he stares down at me.

i lean against the counter, pretending to bang my head against it out of frustration.

"okay maybe a xanny?"

"nope."

"you're a goddamn drug dealer fez. you can't be out of everything." i beg.

he chuckles as he walks over beside me. he brings his arm up to wrap it around my shoulders, pulling me in closer to him.

"for you, i'm all out. you don't need that shit."

i sigh, rather loudly, playing with the sides of my shirt. "why do you have to care so much. why can't you just sell to me like every other high schooler?" i pout, making him laugh at me again.

"because i don't give a fuck bout any of them except you and rue."

"but that's not-"

he reaches up, pecking against my cheek quickly, trying to cheer me up. "shut yo ass up. you'll be ight."

my attention darts up as i finally hear a car pulling in under the bay of the convenience store.

my heart races as i become instantly excited.

"let me take this one?" i call out the fez. i've been waiting almost all day to actually take a customer, but fezco literally denies me everytime.

"ight, you got it. only because we're about to close soon."

i cheese as i jump down off the counter, walking over behind the register. i make sure to tidy up the small area to make sure everything looks neat for probably our last customer if the day.