part twenty-three

(the picture is bri's halloween costume)

"fuck off." cassie practically screams at her phone making me laugh. she's clearly drunk as fuck and i can't even deny i'm right along with her.

"he still won't talk about it?" i ask her, clearly seeing she's frustrated.

"no, but you know what, i don't even care. i'm not letting him ruin my night."

i smile, handing her the shot ive been holding, watching her down it quickly.

it's halloween and daniel's throwing one of the best parties ever right now. cass wanted mkay to come but they haven't talked since last night when she tried wearing her "too revealing" halloween costume.

i guess mkay couldn't handle her badass alabama worley look.

personally i don't see anything wrong with cass's costume, maybe because we've both planned these for months and definitely both equally as slutty tonight.

i'm dressed as dirty x-tina, aka christina aguilera. (picture above) and can i just say, i love my ass-less chaps.

"i don't even get what he's upset about. hardin didn't even get mad about your costume." cassie whines making me shrug.

technically hardin did have a problem with it. i knew from the second i walked in by the way he looked at me, but i just pretended i didn't see him to avoid any confrontation.

he can't really be mad, he's out here shirtless as a boxer, only wearing shorts and boxing gloves.

"forget mkay. he's not even here. let's just have fun." i tell her over the music.

i grab her hand, leading us dead in the center of the room as we begin dancing. cass and i run our hands along our skin, the alcohol running through our veins.

cass grabs ahold of my hands, holding them up while we move in the same motions, laughing as we enjoy being drunk as fuck.

"i'm gonna go grab another bottle." i tell her before walking to the nearest table.

i begin picking up different drinks for us when i notice the reflection of a shadow behind me.

"hope you're having fun dressed like a slut. you only get a pass since it's halloween." i hear a voice say beside me.

i look up to find hardin, him sipping from his cup as he stares down to me intensely.

"i could wear this everyday if i wanted and you wouldn't do shit about." i smirk, going back to trying to choose what bottle to take.

he pulls my body towards him in a swift motion, our chests slamming against each other.

one of his hands wrap around he back of my neck, forcing me to keep my eyes on him.

"who wouldn't? we both know i always get what i want." he says lowly. i bite my lip in response, still peering up at him.

i push his arm away from me suddenly, his face going blank. he stumbles back slightly, glaring at me as i raise a bottle up to my lips, tipping it as i let the liquid burn down my throat.

i begin walking back to the other side of the room, leaving hardin alone at the table.

"yeah just go back to dancing like that, knowing it pisses me off." he calls out.

i don't know if he's trying to get a rise out of me or genuinely make me feel bad for being distant with him tonight.

this is what hardin does. mind games.