part three

"you guys totally missed it, this new girl went fucking psycho at the party while y'all all were fucking." the vaping girl states as we all continue walking to class.

i call her vape girl because i can never remember her name, but she's always vaping no matter what, hanging out with kat and maddy 24/7.

"why do people think we fucked?" maddy raises her voice, stopping in her tracks.

"maybe because there's literal video evidence and everyone saw you because your dumbass did it in the pool." i roll my eyes, making cassie laugh from the other side of me.

"i think alcohol isn't for me. i completely blacked out, i don't remember none of this." she states, but i can tell she's lying.

cassie clears her throat before glancing over at kat.

"wait, so you actually lost your v-card to a rando?"

kat bites the side of her lip before nodding. "he goes to some private school, it's not like i'll ever see him again."

i'm actually surprised with kat. i wasn't expecting her to catch a dick anytime soon. not because she ugly or anything, just the fact that i've never even see her talk to a boy, let alone talk about boy problems of her own.

"well congrats, welcome to the club slut." maddy cheeses and i smile too.

my phone vibrates and i pull it out, seeing a text from hardin.

hardin <3
i was completely wasted last night, sorry for the shit i said about you being a slut. love you baby.
9:47 am

i scoff at the message. what type of fucked up apology is that?

"wow, what a dick!" cassie mumbles, seeing the message as well.

"i know right."

i shove the phone back in my pocket, deciding to ignore it.

"wait, who's dick did you catch last night brianna. i saw you talk to hardin for a
little but that's it." maddy says to me.

she's right. vape girl was completely wrong, i didn't fuck anyone last night, at least from what i can remember.

"no one. i just went home after seeing the whole jules thing." i shrug, leaving out the part about nate because i truly don't want to hear maddy's mouth about being in a private room with him alone, even though, to my defense, they're not together right now.

pretty soon we all disperse into our own classes, biology being my first one. i'm happy to find out i have kat in there.

i sit in the back of the classroom, just like i do every year before i put my backpack up, setting it on my desk.

i watch as more kids come in, none that i care about. i notice as a small scrawny white boy comes and takes a seat next to kat since she sat in the middle of the class, hating being in the back with her terrible eyesight despite the fact she wears glasses.

"hi, i'm ethan." i here him say to her before i glance back up at the door, seeing the familiar tall brunette haired boy walk through the class.

nate looks around, at all the desk before his eyes land on me. he sighs before walking towards me, setting his stuff down beside
me as he takes a seat.

"nice to see you again." he states, fully starring at me.

"you too." i smile slightly.

just then the teacher enters, introducing herself before she pulls out the syllabus, going over it for almost the entire class.