Chapter 12: Texas?

The next morning, I woke up and texted Logan good morning as I left my house for a run. As I was running, my thoughts were starting to get uncontrollable once again about the voice I heard on the call last night. Later on, I go to get myself some coffee at Ryle's.

Logan tries calling me but I ignore his calls.

"Hey, need some company?" I hear a voice and look up to see Keith standing in front of my table.

"Hey, sure." I respond and he sits next to me, not opposite as the chairs in front were freshly painted due to the re construction of the diner.

"What's wrong?" he asks and I look at him. I didn't want to tell what was going on but I needed someone to talk with. Sierra had gone with Adam for her ultrasound today and I didn't want to ruin her mood with my drama.

"Nothing..."

"Hey...talk to me." he says and puts his hand on mine. I don't move it and turn to face him.

"I think... I think Logan is cheating on me. I heard a girl's voice in his room last night when he went to the washroom as he left his phone on his bed."

"Oh. Why don't you just ask him?" he asks and I wipe a tear off my face.

"And if I'm wrong about this? He's going to think I am some crazy insecure girlfriend." I reply and he nods no.

"Hey no. You're far from a crazy insecure girlfriend. I should know that." he says as he holds me by my cheeks. I smile and lean my head on his shoulder. We have our coffee and some breakfast before we left. Keith decided to drop me home as I came running this side. As we reached, I open the door.

"Thanks Keith, for the coffee and the talk." I say and smile small. He looks and me, smiling.

"Anytime Stacy. Trust me, just ask him." he says and I nod.

"Come in for some time?" I ask him and I don't know why, mainly to be kind. No one was at home. He parks his car and comes in as I close the door...

"No one's home?" he asks and I nod no.

He sits on my bed and I sit next to him with my hands on my lap.

"Cool wallpaper. Not been in here for a while now." he says and I look at him.

"Yeah, you haven't. Glad you can see the wallpaper now haha." I say and he smiles.

"Hehe, yeah" he says and looks at me.

"Why am I here Stacy?" he asks, facing me and my smile disappears.

"Because you're my friend." I reply and smile small.

"Is that really the reason?" he asks and I nod. He looks at me and gets closer. I lean in a little as well. My phone rings and it was Logan. I quickly move away from Keith and decline the call. I didn't want to talk with him until I ask him about the girl's voice. I look at Keith.

"Why are you avoiding him?" he asks and I look down.

"Hey, even if he's cheating on you, you don't need to be sad. I'll kick his ass." he says and I smile. He gets closer again but not to my lips. He holds my hands as he kneels on the floor and me on the bed. I hold his hands back and he kisses my forehead. I close my eyes and I feel it. The kiss on the forehead made me feel calm and safe. I look at him and lean closer, as I kiss him on his lips, a peck actually. He pulls away and looks at me as he holds my face, kissing me on the lips properly. We kiss for a good minute as he puts me down on the bed and keeps kissing me passionately. But then he stops and I look at him. He gets up and sits on the bed, adjusting his shirt.