Thank You/Anniversary

First off, I want to say thank you to all of you. Thank you. No, I'm not leaving or retiring or anything like that. No, today is a special day, at least for me. Today is my one-year anniversary (September 2nd) of getting back into writing, and these stories I publish simultaneously.

This may not sound like a big deal, but for me, it is because there is a story behind my writing and why I did it and picked it back up. If that's cool with you, all ok with me explaining my story and ranting a bit, or you just scroll down to the part where I thank certain people specifically and all of you.

Well, I guess I should explain; for many of you who don't know, I technically have been writing since 2018 since my senior year of high school (technically longer, but those were side projects I did on the offside). But mainly, the first ever story I published was back in 2016 (my sophomore year) called Heart gates.

This story....was HOT ASS!!! Yeah, I'm gonna say it, my first true ever story I publish on this site is terrible, LIKE SUPER BAD!!! I had some hope for it, but an issue came up with me getting my phone stolen, which ended up causing me to lose all my information for this story and many others! Which sucks, but I got over it.

But anyway, the first REAL story I ever put on this site was an Original story titled Bio Humans. It was a story I came up with in my senior year that came about because my friends, well...they knew I like to write and had some interesting ideas, but the issue was...I was too chicken to do them!! So we made a bet that I couldn't finish one entire story/book before senior year, and well, I wasn't going back down from doing it, so I did a whole story...well, a part 1.

And thus, Bio Humans was created, and yes, it has some cliche and a few, well, no.... I have a lot of errors and cringe. Still, it means something to me because it helps me overcome a writer's fear before publishing stories, and finishing that story helps me with that. To this day, I still feel somewhat proud of it and want to go back and finish the other two books for that series (Yes, it was supposed to be a three-book series).

But...as much as I liked what I did with it...if you go on my page, it is still there. It wasn't well loved...it didn't get no reads (Most of the read was from me reading over and over again), and as selfish as this sounds, I was slightly disappointed and thought people didn't like it.

And I want to continue the next original book since I had this whole big plan I was supposed to do back then. And a chain of books that was supposed to come out that would later connect. But after about 5-6 months of basically just me reading my own book over and over again myself to maybe get more people to read it...I guess you can say I felt like a failure. So...I stop writing...

I stopped writing stories and mainly focused on reading other fics on this site. I had other stories planned, but deep down, I felt people wouldn't read them if no one wanted to read my crappy first story. Why would people read any of my other stories? I had a plan. And so, for the next year and a half, I mainly stuck to reading other people's stuff.

But I don't know what it was to this day what clicked in my head. But one day, I just thought to myself...I have some exciting ideas...I don't see people doing it this way. Or doing this? This sounds like a cool idea. Why hasn't no one done it? Why does it have to be done this way?

After that, I started planning fics again, mainly for the MHA fandom. (Since, at the time, I was getting more into the MHA fandom) And I started just saying random things in the comment section. And after seeing other people slightly agreeing with some of the stuff. I was thinking and liking some of the ideas I was pitching out there. I ask myself...maybe I could start somewhere else...fanfic?

But at this point in my life, I was still scared of what people would think of it. Will people not like it? Will people not find it interesting? Will people read it? But then I met two to four unique people. I will thank two of them in the @ later.