Chapter 3: Round One

Camie nearly whistled.

"Shit, Baku, it's ya boy."

Katsuki was currently trying not to curse the world and everything in it because shit, he was nowhere near ready for Deku to see him again. Not like this, only two weeks into school. Not as inexperienced and ill-trained as he was so far. This was- he couldn't-

Yet, Deku was still staring right at him. And Katsuki was sure he'd nearly forgotten how to breathe.

I'm going to give it my best shot, even though I'm nowhere near ready to face you, but... I missed you. And you're...

He swallowed, trying to steady himself again, but it was so hard under the force of that firm green gaze which might as well have been trying to stare into his soul.

You're so much more amazing in person, Deku.

"Alright, I'll go over some of the specifics of today's practice." Aizawa started again, the three pros shuffling behind him. Katsuki's heart was still racing, threatening to beat out of his chest the longer Deku stared at him, and he forced himself to look away in the hope that the horrible pressure would leave him be. It was only a squeeze on the shoulder from Camie that grounded him, and he wished he wasn't so grateful for it.

God, I... I feel so weak in front of him right now. This isn't what I wanted...!

He bit his lip and just tried to focus on Aizawa's words.

"You all will be split up into teams of four, as I mentioned before. From there, each group will participate in two matches, fighting against a different hero in each one. The objective of this training will be to capture or immobilize the villain, who will be played by one of the heroes present. However- if you let anyone on your team be put in a position where they would be captured or killed in a real fight, you fail. There will be a fifteen minute time limit in place per round, and the environment will be different for each fight. Understand?"

A murmur of yes, sir rose amongst the crowd as Aizawa nodded and continued. "I'll tell you your groups now, so pay attention. After I tell you who's on your team, head out to change into your hero costumes and regroup in front of the entrances to the training grounds. We'll split up from there." He turned towards the guests, and dipped his head. "You three go ahead and head out there. I'll meet you when I finish up."

The heroes all gave their agreement through an ever-so dignified thumbs up and left the room again, leaving the students alone with Aizawa once more. Katsuki tried to not think about Deku's lingering eyes on him as he left the room, doing his best to focus on the task at hand. That was what was important right now.

"Alright, I'm going to give you your groups now. The first three groups will go ahead and head out first, as you'll be in the first matches. Because we have twenty students, not every group will be going at once, so the people not fighting will be observing the other matches until it's their turn. Now, to start off with..." Aizawa cleared his throat. "First against Uravity will be Team A with Todoroki, Shinsou, Shouji, and Hagakure. Then, first against Valiant will be..."

Not me, not me, not yet...

"...Ashido, Iida, Tokoyami, and Aoyama."

He nearly breathed a sigh of relief as he leaned back in his chair.

"Next, first against Gale will be Team C with Camie, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, and Bakugou."

"Oh, guess we get to be together?" Camie seemed a little excited now. "And against Gale, too... Baku, I'd pay for him to crush me with those arms."

"Gale, huh?" Katsuki crossed his own arms, glancing back to see an enamoured smile over Camie's face. "Yeah, they are pretty nice."

"I know you're an ass man, blondie." Camie teased. "Valiant's pretty cute, isn't he? Cute face, nice ass. He's perfect for you."