Chapter 14: Ummmm Gay??

It was five o'clock on a Thursday afternoon. Warm, glowing sunlight trickled down onto low, crystalline waves, bathing the whole area with a soft aura. They'd picked a good day for this, really. The temperature had been dropping, but Izuku had just pulled on a thin jacket and a pair of sweatpants before heading out to the beach and was feeling fairly comfortable.

Two weeks after the culture festival had passed, Katsuki had finally been freed from schoolwork and practice to have enough time to go out and train with Izuku. Scheduling had been a bit difficult as of late- finals had taken up the majority of Katsuki's time, but now, he was finally free from school for a few weeks.

He should be here soon... he told me he was on the way. And I can't imagine it'll be too hard for him to find this place.

Being back at Dagobah beach after years of visiting almost seemed like a bit of a dream. He was glad to see that not much had changed- though the spot was a near trash-magnet, Izuku had seen organizations and events in the past dedicated to keeping it clean after he'd managed to clear the whole thing so many years ago.

At least this hasn't been left to rot in my absence... but shit. Has it really been five years? Six?

Izuku's fingers tightened, gripping his sweatpants.

Times... times were easier then. I think.

It was getting easier to get up in the morning, easier to at least go out and take care of the things he needed to do, but even so.

Ah, well. At least I have this to look forward to. And I... I can't be all down when Kacchan gets here.

Izuku sighed, took a deep breath, and slowly, slowly, let it out. There wasn't time to sink too deep into those unwanted thoughts now, not when Katuski was relying on him to be there, be present, and be helpful. And as calming as sitting on the beach was, he wasn't sure how much longer he wanted to be alone.

But to his relief, a familiar voice shook him from his thoughts not a minute later.

"Oi, Deku!"

Izuku's eyes shot open and he turned around to see Katsuki walking towards him, decked out in casual workout gear. Sweatpants much like Izuku's own hung from his slim waist, complete with a too-tight, long-sleeve compression shirt hugging his upper half.

Oh no. No, no no. No thinking about just how great his chest looks in that, nope, nope. I can't afford to deal with another boner right now.

"Hey." Izuku started, fighting back a too-big smile. "How are you looking- er, doing?" He stuttered, hoping Katsuki didn't catch his slip up. But there was undoubtedly a slight humor twinkling in those red eyes, and though it obviously hadn't been missed, it didn't seem as if Katsuki minded all that much.

"Y'know. I'm fine." Katsuki shrugged. "Having school off is alright, but, eh... s'kinda boring to not have practice."

So dedicated. I love it. "Well, I can try and help you out a little bit with that now."

"Yeah. I've been looking forward to coming out here all day." Katsuki sighed. "Ugh. The old hag made me go buy groceries this morning. Had to do some cleaning and stuff too."

"Oh no. Not responsibilities!" Izuku teased, and Katsuki just groaned. "I know, I know, it's not fun. But just wait till you're on your own. Then there's even more stuff to take care of!"

Katsuki scoffed. "Psh, I know. But at least I'll be able to manage my own schedule. Won't have to run on someone else's time."

"Fair enough." He nodded. "Well, wanna go ahead and get started?"