Chapter 21: Its All Fun and Games...

"Oh my god, you guys made it back early from your internship for once!"

Katsuki rolled his eyes, mildly disappointed by Camie's greeting but not terribly surprised, either. "Yeah, yeah. Well, we got our shit outta the way early, and the streets were pretty well set up for patrols tonight, so..."

"What he's saying is that he went through his tasks extra fast today so that he could get back tonight and rest up for tomorrow." Yaoyorozu finished, shooting Katsuki a knowing look as they shut the dormitory door behind them. "Call me crazy, but I think someone's a little excited."

"That so, hm?" Camie grinned, walking with them as they wandered towards the common room. "I guess you really have come around, then."

Oh, come on.

"Look. Deku didn't think it was an awful idea, so what's the worst that could happen?" He grumbled, despite the anticipation running through his veins. "What time are we leaving for the amusement park tomorrow? Nine in the morning?"

They found an empty spot in the common room, sat down, and relaxed back on the couch before Camie provided an answer.

"Yep! Nine. Valiant's meeting us there, right?" She asked again, despite Katsuki having laid out the plan at least half a dozen times by now.

"Yeah, yeah. He is." His fingers rapped against his leg, too fast to be normal. "He said that he's gonna try and pull some sort of civilian disguise or whatever together, so with any luck, we won't be bothered by the media."

Katsuki couldn't say he wasn't nervous. Despite having technically been dating for over two weeks, it was still nerve-wracking and exhilarating to think about the very prospect of being with his boyfriend in public. About the idea that they were going on an actual date even though the situation wasn't the most ideal. A part of him figured that Deku had to be desperate- after all, who agrees to fake-chaperone for a group of students just to hang out with his partner? Deku was a special case for sure, but a part of that willingness to take those opportunities just to spend time with Katsuki made his heart swell and his pulse race.

I get to see him again. I get to kiss him again.

He tried not to think too hard about the circumstances.

Hopefully.

"I sincerely hope that that's the case, too." Yaoyorozu sighed. "I'm sure we'll be okay, but it's just- I don't know, it's hard to think that we're accompanying you so that you and your celebrity boyfriend can go on a date."

"Hey hey, we'll have fun too!" Camie smiled, a hint of warmth that only showed up when she was talking to her girlfriend rising in her voice. "It's not like we're just going there to be bodyguards or anything– we can ride the rides, play the games, and win the prizes! It'll be great!"

"And pay for overpriced festival food?"

"And pay for overpriced festival food!"

Katsuki could only manage a short huff at their antics, pulling out his phone as his friends prattled on about what they'd be doing tomorrow. He'd sent Deku a text earlier with the hope that they'd be able to call tonight, but after a quick check at its status, realized his boyfriend hadn't even seen it yet.

I bet he's a part of the reason I got to go home early. Damn you, covering everyone's shit.

That said, Katsuki couldn't dismiss the fact that Deku had been taking every patrol and every incident in stride– even on the news, he'd never seen him look so damn alive.

He's been happy. I know he's been happy. Every time I talk to him he's goddamn giddy.

A small, crooked smile bent over his own face though as he looked through their past messages, and despite his teasing, Katsuki was in no place to admit he was any better. Nights filled with long, wandering phone call conversations and days where Deku showed up at Uravity and Red Riot's agency just to see him had Katsuki floating on cloud nine.