Chapter 20: A Different Kind of Place

Deku was a snorer.

Not in a bad way, per say, but it was there. Little grunts and snorts and mumbling, along with the occasional heavy rumble from deep within his throat. Not enough to annoy him, but enough for Katsuki to notice upon waking up. But with his head tucked just beneath Deku's and pressed up against his chest, even harder to miss was the constant, near-therapeutic rhythm of his beating heart. It still hadn't sunk in where he was- he'd woken up at some unknown hour of the morning, the closed window giving away nothing, and he had no interest in moving out of Deku's arms to check the clock. Even so, did it matter? It wasn't a school day, he was off, and his only plans were to be determined by whatever Deku- his boyfriend- wanted to do when he joined Katsuki in wakefulness.

My boyfriend.

Katsuki could almost laugh- it was ridiculous, really. Last night had to have been some wild dream, something he'd wake up to in the morning and realize he'd only imagined in Deku's absence, some fantasy that could only exist in the depths of his mind.

He said yes.

But there was no denying the warmth from the arms hugging him close, nor the sound of each and every breath Deku took- low, gentle, and far more relaxed than he would've expected. Katsuki couldn't see his face from where he lay, but he could imagine the content smile he had to be wearing with ease.

He's... mine. This is real.

Katsuki couldn't stop to think about just where he was, either, without the high possibility of crying for the tenth time in twenty-four hours. The first had been when he'd learned Deku was coming back- the second, when he was boxing up the flower to take with him. The third was when he was waiting to leave, and Camie had come up to his room to ask what was going on after he'd ran off from the common room in a sudden bout of emotion. On and on like that it'd gone, and yet, even he couldn't have expected that things were really going to go like- like this.

I said those- those damn words, and he said them back. That happened. That really, really happened.

And just as Katsuki was starting to shiver with the first warnings of another sob-fest, the body beside him shifted as a more vocal groan sounded above him. Shortly after came a long yawn, arms tightening around him, and Katsuki was smashed against his boyfriend's- admittedly very nice- chest. He was aware enough to realize that Deku was probably mostly asleep, but since Katsuki did have the desire to, y'know, breathe, he pushed back against Deku's chest and tried to pry himself a little further out of the iron grip.

Problem was, though, that Deku was a pro hero. A hero with very nice, very firm muscles, and lots of them.

"...oi, Deku." He started, straining against those strong, too-sexy arms. "Let- let go, 'kay?"

His only response was another another loud snore, and Katsuki found himself starting to worry a little more than before.

"Oi, Deku!" Katsuki attempted once more, a little louder. "Get up!"

...and still, nothing.

Dammit...!

Katsuki hissed, pushed back as much as he could, and gave in.

"Deku!" He shouted, half-choked. "Get- get up!"

And in combination with a sharp smack against his chest, Deku jerked back and nearly kicked Katsuki in the crotch. He let out a sharp wheeze, rolling away from his boyfriend for just a moment before coughing and catching his breath again.

"Ah- oh, shit. You okay?" Deku asked, scooting a little closer to take a better look at Katsuki's face.

"S'fine, fine." Katsuki grunted. "But, geez... you tryin' to kill me in your sleep? Really wanna off me that bad, huh?"