Chapter 30: And Then They Fucked

"Are candles too much, Ochako? Too extra?"

"I dunno, are you aiming for romantic?"

"A-Ah, well... not sure, to be honest. Do you think he'd like that?"

"He's your boyfriend, Izuku! Not mine!"

"Right, r-right! Um, well—"

"How about this." Ochako interrupted his ramblings over the video call, her steady voice his only source of relief in these trying times. "Calm down. Let's focus on what you're wearing other than that harness first, okay? Can you show me a full-body view of yourself and your closet?"

"Oh, ah... yeah. Okay."

Izuku dropped his phone on the bed for a moment, abandoning it in favor of dragging his hands over his face and just breathing.

Why is this so scary right now? Why am I so anxious?

In, out. In, out. Breathe. Breathe.

I wasn't this nervous when I blew him... god, he knows how I look naked! He's well aware of how big my dick is! So why... why is the idea of doing something more making me feel like this?

"Izuku?" The familiar voice crackled through the phone on his bedsheets, so quiet and yet so sure all the same. "Hey, you there? You okay?"

I'm fine. I'm fine, really— was what he wanted to say. But he grabbed the phone again, slumped back into still-messy sheets, and sighed.

"Just nervous." He mumbled, comforter clenched tight in his hands. "Not totally sure why, to be honest. Logically, everything's gonna be fine. Might not be perfect, but it'll be fine. We both want this. I– I know we do."

She stayed quiet, almost in some sort of indication to keep talking.

Right. Right.

"I... I guess it's just been a while. Since I've done this particular sort of thing." Deep breaths. Relax. "I mean, I know his sexual experiences have been limited to just the oral stuff we've done before, but... doesn't that mean I should know what I'm doing in this regard too? I'm supposed to be the experienced one. Not... not all anxious about it."

Izuku had never been more thankful to have a friend like Ochako, someone who would listen to him panic about a crisis like this.

"Mm, okay. Anything else you wanna say?"

"Not, uh... not right now."

Quiet again.

"Izuku." She started—steady, sincere. "Is it because it's gonna be his first time doing this that you're nervous?"

...oh?

Something clicked.

"It, ah... it could be?"

Just finding the reason would be helpful at this point.

"I have a feeling you wanna make a good impression. And I know you've been thinking about this for literal years, which probably isn't, ah... helping." She paused, and Izuku figured that if she had been there with him, she'd be smiling. "I think you've got this all built up in your head. Like it's gonna be some make-or-break. But remind me why you two wanna do this in the first place?"

...why?

"I love him." He swallowed, running a hand through his hair. "We're gonna do it because he loves me. Because he trusts me."

And because I trust him, too.

She laughed– a soft, warm, comforting laugh that sent some wave of calm through his mind and body, relaxing him like little else had. "God, you two are cute."