Chapter 32: You Can Run...

Summary: (ง •̀_•́)ง
————————————————————————

"Pro Hero Valiant."

Three little words, accompanied only by the midnight summer breeze.

"If you don't mind," the reporter started, stepping closer to Izuku. "I have a few questions for you."

Going home from Katsuki's house should've been the easy part—hopping on the train, getting off at his stop, making the short walk from the station to his apartment—but almost as soon as he'd turned into the small alley to finish the trip, this had to happen.

"I'm sorry," he said, moving to walk around the reporter. "Contact my agency if you need something."

Guess this damn hat wasn't enough of a disguise this time... god, when will they leave me the hell alone!?

"I said I had questions for you, Valiant. Not your agency," she continued, shoving a small recording device close to his face. "It's not often that you let yourself be seen in public off-duty. Did you have something going on tonight?"

Do I— "Do I look like I'm 'letting myself' be seen right now?" he said, trying to keep his voice as level as possible. "I'm sorry. I'm going to have to decline. Please contact my agency if you have any inquiries."

Just leave me the hell alone, would you!?

"So the rumors were true..." she leaned in closer, looking more towards his mouth than his eyes. "You really did get a tongue piercing. Interesting, considering your lack of a personal life to put it to use in."

Stay calm, stay calm— "What I do with my body is my business," he bristled, just trying to breathe. "I'd rather not say it again. I will not be answering any questions of yours."

God, and right after all the shit I pulled at Kacchan's place, too... can't I catch a damn break today!?

"Alright," she said, that damn recorder still mere inches from his face. "Then, I suppose your agency won't mind a few inquiries regarding contact between you and third-year U.A. student, Bakugou Katsuki?"

No.

"You're hesitating." The reported pushed, leaning in. "Thinking twice about turning me away now?"

"There," careful, careful— "has been no contact between Bakugou and I outside of educational and workplace activities."

You don't have anything to prove otherwise. I was careful today. We weren't stalked. I checked the area before I kissed him.

Izuku knew he was a bad liar. Knew it from the bottom of his soul. But this wasn't lying about he and Katsuki's escapades to his mother, wasn't trying to convince his therapist he was perfectly fine, wasn't faking illness to call in sick to his workplace after a wicked night of sex.

This is for us. This is for his safety.

That said, Izuku had no idea what he'd do if she pulled receipts.

Keep your composure, keep your composure, please...

"...then, what was that display at the sports festival?" She asked, moving on. "The whole stadium saw you run down the bleachers. We saw your illusion on the field. So why were you so panicked? Why would that be used against Bakugou?"

Choose your words wisely.

If nothing else, the darkness helped to obscure any misgivings on his face.