Chapter 27: The Center of an Explosion

"Roll over, Baku... there's more room on that side."

"Gross, no way... Todoroki's rank-ass breath is over there."

"I... I brushed my teeth earlier?"

"Oi, just 'cause... just 'cause you look like a goddamn peppermint doesn't mean you smell like one."

"Ugh, you both need to shut up. M'tired..."

"Yeah, well, me too. Be quiet."

"Excuse you, I said shut up first! Don't tell me what to do, Kacchan."

"Oh my god, I how many times do I have to—"

"What on earth are you all doing down there?"

At the sudden shuffle of footsteps above them, Katsuki looked up with a strained, tired tilt of his head to see Yaoyorozu standing over them, completely and utterly baffled as to why the three of them had collapsed on the common room floor. Truth be told, he was quite comfortable with his face smashed into the carpet and limbs splayed out in careless direction, but maybe okay, yeah, maybe it would look a little weird to people walking in.

"Well, I'm here because—" Camie started, shifting over to stare at Katsuki. "I came in, saw Baku lying down here, and figured 'hey, that looks nice', so I joined him."

"Look, I was up past like, midnight studying for the written exam." He groaned, head dropping back onto the carpet. "Came back from the exam, and, didn't feel like going upstairs, so... floor."

There was a snicker of more like past eight beside him, but before he had the chance to elbow Camie, their other companion opened his mouth.

"I'm just here because they were." Todoroki chimed in unhelpfully. "It's not bad, though. A little rough on the back, but not bad."

"Princess."

"Says the one who was too lazy to walk upstairs to nap."

"I said I was tired. Not lazy." Katsuki grumbled. "Be quiet and let me sleep."

"...I suppose I understand why, then, but... no less weird." Yaoyorozu sighed. "Well, I wanted to ask if you all got the news they just sent out regarding the practical portion of the final?"

"Ugh, I don't even wanna think about school right now." Camie complained. "C'mon, can't a girl catch a break?"

"This is finals week. We've been over this." Yaoyorozu repeated for what had to have been the tenth time in the past few days. "Come on, off the floor. If you really wanna go relax, we can do it in my room, Camie."

"No, babe, come join us...!" Camie yawned, and patted the ground next to her, which also happened to double as Katsuki's ass. "Oh, huh... not as flat as I thought."

A weak fuck off was all he could manage, and for as mentally exhausted as he was from the strain of the written exams, the practical portion was going to be a beatdown.

I'll make it through, though... after tomorrow, we're done with the year. A couple weeks for break, and then we're going into the first semester of third year in April.

It still hadn't hit him yet.

Next year is gonna be my last year of high school.

Just the thought that he'd nearly made it through two blew his mind.

And it's almost been a year since me 'n Deku first kissed.

Almost more ridiculous than every other school related thing, though, was that.