Chapter 13: The Best Damn Not-Date

Katsuki shuddered.

Camie cowered.

Todoroki trembled.

Yaoyorozu sighed.

"That was... exhausting."

The four of them let out a collective groan, heads in their hands, utterly and completely done.

"All I wanted was a maid cafe..." Camie whimpered. "How did we wind up in a class-wide civil war?"

Katsuki lifted his head and stared dead-eyed at the ceiling. "Don't... don't say those words again."

"I still don't see what's so bad about a soba stand..." Todoroki grumbled. "I mean... we could still sell it alongside the... uh... what was it that won again...?"

"A bakery." Yaoyorozu reminded. "With... with a hero theme. Cupcakes. Pastries. Those things."

"...can I still wear a maid outfit?"

"No."

Katsuki could only shake his head as Camie let out a long sigh.

"Baku, why aren't you with me on this on?" She complained. "Don't you think he'd like seeing you in a maid outfit? Come on, you'd be so cute, and he'd be-"

"The answer. Is. No." Katsuki said, ignoring the strain at the edge of his words. "I'll wear a goddamn apron or whatever for this bakery thing. But, you are never getting me in a goddamn maid outfit. Nope. Nada. Not happening, especially not in front of him!"

At this point, there wasn't a single person in the room that didn't know who 'him' was. After a week of disappearing in his room for hours and getting called out for checking his phone in class, of all places, his friends set to interrogating him to find out the now not-so-secret of him and Deku's frequent communication. On the list of "Katsuki's most embarrassing moments," that night ranked about number four.

"Party pooper." Camie pouted. "Fine, fine... guess I'll just have to find another way to help you look half decent instead."

"Shut up, I don't need your fashion sense to look good."

Katsuki was very ready to leave the conversation, and the common room altogether. Yaoyorozu looked dead tired, and Todoroki, dead inside. The conversation seemed ready to end itself.

"I mean, a class bakery will likely go over well at the culture festival." Yaoyorozu shrugged. "Food generally keeps people happy, and most enjoy sweets."

"Not me."

"I said most, Bakugou."

On second look, it appeared that Todoroki may have actually fallen asleep amongst the remains of the argument.

"Does your friend like sweets, Baku?" Camie asked, and Katsuki wanted to curl up even further in a ball and die. "Oh, I can see him having a sweet tooth! But maybe, you should call him and ask."

"Fuck off."

Katsuki slapped away her hand as it began to reach towards his phone and shot her a glare. "I thought I said go away. After that shit you texted him earlier from my number, I think you've lost phone permissions."

Sadly enough, the disappointment on Camie's face was almost enough to make him pick up and call right then and there.

But I... I don't really know what he likes to eat, do I?

"Bet he likes matcha." She continued. "Would match with all the green he has going on, you know?"

Fuck, that would be kinda... kinda cute.