Ch-3

" bhar feko ye Sara saman, ek ek chiz nazar nh aani chiye mujhe" shehnaaz landlord santosh ordered, a lady in her late fifties, both of her sons settled in abroad, she lives on the ground floor with her husband who is paralyzed, she rented her the flat because she was In need but the day to day fights, yelling and the way her husbands comes disturbed the whole society.

Shehnaaz has bad luck today too, she gave two more interviews but didn't get selected but her blood boiled seeing her belongings getting thrown out.

" stop it, don't you dare to touch my belongings"

" why not?? Who will give the rent?? Your father?? Or your alcoholic husband??"

" Aunty I am respecting you that doesn't mean you got the right to comment on my life, I am paying my rent on time, aur abhi paanch din baaki hai mahina hona mein"

" teri jaise aurat ko nahi rkhna mujhe apne ghr pe, pta nh roj kha kha muh kala kar ke aati hai, na koi aage hai aur na koi peeche" she commented on her character.

Standing at the gate of her house, zoya looked at her friend, they were together in school and then college but all of the sudden their connection was lost as shehnaaz got married, when zoya see her in the neighbourhood one week back, her family instructed her not to talk to her and her husband gives the same advice.

Sidharth heard the sounds of yelling and the crowd, santosh aunty their neighbour is yelling at the girl.

" Who are you to give me my character certificate, mein kahi bhi jaun ap logo ko baat hi bnani hai toh bana lijiye, I don't need any man to raise voice for me I am sufficient, ab aap izzat ke saath ye saman andar rkhwayengi, mere contract hai six months ka maine security amount pay kar rkha hai aise hi apni marzi se aap mujhe ghr se bhar nh nikal skti, warna mujhe bhi court jaate time nh lagega aunty aur jo ap mujhe harras kar rhe ho uska case alag se" she said in a loud voice, the landlord gets afraid and instructed the men to reset her belongings, biting her lips she controlled her tears, she don't want to become weak in front of these people who don't have heart.

" tamasha khatam ho gya hai aaj ka, apne ghr jaye ya khuch aur dekhna baki hai" she asked turning towards them, and again his eyes met her for a second before she averted it and went inside her house, feeling embarrassed all of the sudden, she never wanted to come in front of him especially like this, she too wanted to vacant this place and want to live in peace as soon as possible.

He felt numb, he never thought anything like this happened with her, it pinched his heart remembering the day he went to her house.

" Kavya why is shehnaaz not coming from few days" he asked her best friend.

" sir I don't know she is not picking my phone calls"

" what about college??"

" no sir she even missed her internals" he nodded calling her sister.

" zoya do you know shehnaaz's house" he asked.

" ji bahi aap kyu phuch rhe hai,"

" tell me the adress" he think a lot about her in the past few days, he has a soft corner for her in his heart, he saw her many times gazing at him in between the class, the way she averted her eyes all the time he used to look in her direction but never said anything.

" qubool hai, qubool hai, qubool hai" he heard her voice, he came here to talk to his father but get shocked.

The feelings which starts developing in his heart died before it's starts properly.

" Arey are sidharth beta aaiye na, maine kha tha shehnaaz ko apko invite krne ke liye" he nodded.

Their eyes met again, her eyes filled with tears and his with concern, and like all the time she averted her gaze again.

" ye teri friend thi na" he asked to zoya .

" bahijaan woh aise nh hai, log kitna khuch bolte hai usko, ammi ne bhi mujhe usse milne ko mana kia hai, mein janti hu usko, aap bhi toh jantey hai na" she expressed looking at her balcony.

" I know I know let's go inside"

" bahijaan mein toh kehta hu court se bhar hi sulaj jaye mamla, bhut badnaami hogi, ghr ka naam khrab hoga, aur fir aage bhi bacho ke rishte karne hai"

" Aap logo ne believe kr lia that I hurt her" he asked.

" nh nh beta aise baat bilkul nh hai, hume pura bharosa hai apne bache pe, lekin ye mamle aise hi hote hai sidharth ladkio ko zyada hidayat di jati hai"

" ammi i did nothing wrong, and I am not afraid with anything"

" please I need you guys to support me and believe on me, this is all I need now" he added.

"And I do care about this family image, that's why I am not taking the first step, let them take their first step, will react according to that, I know it's not about only me, trust me please"
********
" Amal tell the lawyer if he ever raised his hand on you"

" I am asking with whom you are chatting this late, open the damn lock of your phone" he yelled at her gritting his teeth.

" Dont barge into my privacy" she answered.

" Amal I don't have any problem if you are chatting with any of your friends, I just want to see"

" I will not"

" see I don't want to doubt on you, but your this behaviour Is not going well with me, and this is not the first time I am seeing you chatting this late, but I ignored"

" today I saw the notifications" he said grabbing her face.

" open it and I am saying this for the last time" he said stepping out of the bed calming down his anger.

The message popped out again, making him furious.

" okay khadi raho, I am waiting" the night turned into the morning but she didn't give him the phone while he just sits on the bed waiting for her to say something.

" Amal don't make me mad," he said coming dangerously close to her, his eyes held anger and bitterness.

He punched on the wall beside her, she shivered, at last she unlocked the phone, giving it to him.

Reading the messages, he throws the phone on the wall breaking it into pieces and leaves the room.

"Dont worry Amal tell me everything whatever happened, I will help you out" the lawyer said.

" I need some time" she uttered going into her room.

Sitting in the dark, he think, rethinks and again thinks, seeing her today freshened his emotions and feelings for her which he hides in one corner of his heart for so long.

Coming onto the balcony he desired to see her once,  just to know if she is fine or not??

Sensing his presence she drew the curtains and shut off the lights.

" sikkayat bhi ky kare unse
Unhe humare dard ka ilm hi nh,"

Do like, comment and share❤️❤️❤️❤️