Ch-15

" Abbuu" she barely whispered when he showed his hand to stop, she bites her lip trying to control her tears which can fall any moment, he moved away from her desk seeking another employee who can give them the information, she sits on her chair silently staring at him with longingness in her eyes, she missed him, she missed everyone, not able to take more she ran to the washroom and cry her heart out when she saw her mother in the mirror, she is standing behind her.

"Ammi" she ran into her arms like she used to do, in her warmth, in her security.

" ammi I missed you, I missed you so much, aap kese ho, theekh toh hai," she asked cupping her face and examining her from head to toe however her mother didn't speak a word and when she speak shehnnaz's whole world crumbled.

" mein tumhari ammi nh hu, I don't know you" she stated removing her hands.

" I am sorry mam, maine glt smjh lia tha" she replied wiping her tears before leaving her alone, the woman who gave her birth refused to be her mother.

" sir!!" she knocked on his senior's cabin.

" bolo shehnaaz"

" sir the reports are ready, aap dekh lijiye"

" Are you ok shehnaaz?? You are sweating!! Do you need water??" he asked sensing something different in her behaviour, she took a deep breath calming herself.

" u..mm yes sir I am absolutely fine,"

" ok go and have some rest, you seem tired, if I suspect any mistakes I will call you" she nodded.

Leaning on the railing of the first floor she saw her parents, they are ageing, the wrinkles on their faces, the way her father is sitting she knows he is facing the knee problem he always had she wondered if he is taking care of himself properly.

" what are you looking up to madam??" Nadia asked standing beside her, a tear escaped from her eye.

" aye aye shehnaaz what happened??"

" woh mere..ammi...abbu hai" she told her.

" fir tum ro kyu rhi ho jao jaa kr milo, aur mujhe bhi milwao"

" syd ab mein unhe ammi abbu kehne ka haq bhi kho chuki hu" she stated.

" ky mtlb??"

" khuch nh mujhe ghr jana chiye, mein kal milti hu tumse"

She is walking carelessly on the road, her eyes blurred with tears, her thoughts clouded with whatever happened today in the office when a car just going to hit her, a hand pulled her to the side.

" shehnaaz tum pagal ho gyi ho?? Are you out of your mind?? Aise kaise bina dekhe bina sune chle jaa rhi ho" she just stare into his eyes, his words didn't falling into her ears, her all senses freeze.

The way to her home was filled with utter silence, she is not saying anything.

" shehnaaz khuch bologi" he shook her from the soldiers.

" aap kab aaye??" she asked.

" shehnaaz ky hua Jaan, khuch btaogi please" he cupped her face making small circles with his thumb.

" si...dhharrthh" she said looking at his beautiful face, his worried eyes.

" woh aaye the aaj" she said resting her head on his heart and circling her hands around his torso.

" kon kha aaya tha" he asked very patiently.

" ammi abbu aaye the, office mein, tum jante ho woh mujhe ek nazar bhar dekhna bhi nh chahte, they despise me, khudki beti ko, ammi ne toh mujhe apni beti manne se hi inqaar kar dia, kya maine itna glt kia apne haq ke liye lad ke, apni jaan bachane ke liye, sab toh kehte hai ki maa baap apne bacho ko dhukh mein nh dekh skte aur unki badi se badi glti ko bhi maaf kar dete hai toh woh kyu nh kar skte, mein yateem ho gyi hu sidharth yateem( orphan) mera koi bhi nh hai ish duniya mein, aap bhi chle jayenge, you will despise me too one day, its only dream, hum dono bs ek sapna jee rahe hai jo kbhi pura nh hoga, mein ush layak nh hu, nh hu mein, i am a homewrecker ghr tod rhi hu apk, kya mujhe kabbi bhi koi cheez puri nh mil skti, why i have to share." she expressed.