Ch-11

She turned in her sleep, resting her head on his chest, a wide grin spread on her lips, she loved it, the warm feeling of belonging and calmness, the way his hand comes to rest on her shoulders comforting her. His body is more comfortable than any cotton-filled pillow and satin bed sheet. She listened to his heartbeats as a lullaby and headed to slumber with each beat.

She hugged him more tightly not wanting to let him go ever, he stirred in his sleep, the realisation hits her hard, she came out from his hug hastily breaking his sleep, correcting the dupatta as she steps out of the mattress, he studied her every expression.

" a..apkoo jaana chiye.." she uttered.

" shehnaaz!!" he called her name.

" aap jaiye sidharth, jaye aur kabhi yahan mat aana please, jaaye" she requested, her whole body trembling, the tears welling up in her eyes ready to escape.

" pkka chla jaun??" she didn't say anything, wearing his shoes he stopped in front of her, dropping a kiss on her forehead, he rested his head on hers for a while controlling his emotions.

" gate ache se lock karna, aur khyal rkhna"

" aa..p jaa rhe hai" she mumbled.

" tumne hi toh kha jane ko??" he answered without turning.

" maine kha...toh aap chle jayenge, khuch der pehle toh keh rhe the nh jayenge"  he chuckled.

" what do you want shehnaaz??"

" what do I want??" she questioned herself.

" I don't know par ye sb glt hai log baatein bnayenge, bura bhala kahenge, mujh..e khuch khenge toh mein jawab dedungi mujhe aadat hai par woh apko bolenge, apk baare mein kahenge aur...."

" aur ky??" he asked turning to look at her standing at the door.

" aur mein apk ghr todna nh chahti hu, aur ap toh abbu bnne wale hai..." his words stuck in his throat, she knows it but how???

" she...."

" mujhe bura nh laga, hum dono ki zindgiyan alg thi, alg jee rhe the par ye sb jo humare beech hai usse apk hone wale bache par bhi effect padega na,"

" I am going to part my ways.."

" lekin aap apne bache ko toh nh chor skte na, aur bina maa ke woh reh nh paayega"  he didn't say anything, his knees gave up as he clutched the door frame tightly.

"She is stating the facts" his heart told him, she went to him, taking his hands in hers.

" ye sb bhut complicated hai sidharth, mujhe simple si life chiye, mein bs sukoon se jeena chahti hu, zindagi mein itne taunts, itna khuch seh lia hai ab aur himmat nh hai mujhme, aap bhut ache ho, bhut zyada aur mujhe pta hai aaj nh toh kal aap unhe maaf kar denge not for her but for your kid, mera spna tha apko aise hug krna, apk dhadkne sunna par woh spna hi theekh hai kyunki haqiqat bhut drawni hai, humare bich jo bhi hai khatam kr de ishe, koi khush nh reh paayega,"

" and what about your happiness and what about mine??"

" apne ammi abbu ya mujhme se kise chunege ap??"

" apne bache aur mujhme se??" he pulled his hair in frustration punching at the door.

" nh chun payenge, itna toh janti hu mein apko, aur mein chahti bhi nh aap chune, abhi chle jayenge toh syd aage dard kam ho"  she uttered wiping the sides of his eyes and dropping a kiss on his forehead lingering her lips there for few seconds.

" waise..bhi mere pass apko dene k liye khuch nh hai, khuch bhi nh"

She locked the door as soon as he went out the tears formed in her eyes. She cried.