Ch-5

" khuch aa hi nh rha hai??" she uttered waiting for the bus for the past twenty minutes.

" aap abhi tak gyi nh??" she startled hearing his deep voice.

" b..s...mei..mein..hann.wo..h..jaa.." she fumbled on her words.

" aap bus ka wait kr rhi hai" sidharth asked seeing her looking on the road.

" shehnaaz" she corrected her dupatta which is flowing in the air, her name sounds so good from his mouth.

" ish waqt yahan koi bus nh aayegi, chlo mein drop kar deta hu" he offered politely.

" nh..aap takleef na kriye, mein wait kr loongi"

" yahan ka mahol acha nh hai aap kyu nh smjh rhi hai" he stated raising his voice slightly.

" har roz toh aap madad nh na kr skte, ye mera rasta hai mujhe khud hi tay karna hoga" she answered and he backed out filling the sincerity of her words and the pain, a long tear slipped from her eyes, why not after so long someone cared for her and the person is none another than him...her mohabbat...

He waited in his car till the time she gets on the bus, he couldn't believe she is the same girl who used to be quiet, reserved, calm and gentle, what must life throws at her which changes her completely and "why the hell she is not staying with her parents?" many questions bombarded in his mind and the answers are unknown to him.

Every day she faces the world all alone, the taunts, the loneliness, the constant fear and the endless questions she asked herself every day, what she did wrong to suffer like this, she feels safe knowing his presence behind, the fear is lessened somewhere.

" but he is like your husband only, his wife filed a domestic violence complaint against him" her conscious mocked.

" but I am feeling safe, woh aisa nh kr skte" she answered.

" you never know"

Their eyes met again while closing the doors of their houses, and he saw fear, confusion and many questions in her blue orbs.

" Does she believe in all the rumours about him" he questioned himself.

" why not she??"
*******
"Bahi uncle aaye hue hai" Hamid told sidharth taking his office beg.

" Aslam walekuim" he greeted Hasan.

" walekuim slam, beta sit down mujhe khuch baat krni hai tumse"

" uncle dekha jaye toh baat krne ko khuch bacha nh hai, par kahiye"

" akele mein" he said.

" uncle with due respect baat sbke samne hogi, apk jo kehna hai kahe"

" sidharth beta dekho mujhe nh pta tum dono ke beech kis baat ko lekar jaghda hua, ushe tumse koi sikkayat nh hai,"

" she filed a complaint against me uncle and you are saying the oppossite"

" trust me farooq shab if my son ever raised his hand on Amal, I would be the first one to give him the taste of his own medicine, however, I know my son never raised his hand on your daughter neither we demanded anything and what your sons did wasn't at all acceptable"

" dekhiye Siddiqui shab bachi se glti ho gyi hai, jane anjane ya bachpane mein kardi, woh kabhi joint family mein nh rahi hai, mera manna hai bacho ka ghr bas jayega agr ye log alg jaake rehne lage"

" toh uncle apk ye rishta pkka krne se pehle ye chiz sochni chiye thi ki apk beti adjust nh kar payegi, meri family mera part hai aur mein unse alg nh rhunga, aur pehle aap apni beti se toh phuch le woh ky chahti hai, warna khame kha aap presan honge"

" and I am sorry uncle jo ladki apne hi sohar ki jhooti complaint kar skti hai mein ush ladki ke saath nh reh skta, ab apko jo sahi lage kre, aur ek baat aainda agr apke beto ne yahan aakar koi lafda kia toh mein khud ko rok nh paunga, shaba khair"
**********
" bahiya ek kilo aalo krde" shehnaaz instructed the vegetable vendor.

" bahiya mujhe bhi 2 kg dena, how are you shehnaaz??" zoya asked not able to control herself.

" achi hu" she replied with a smile.

" congratulation you are going to be a mother soon, kitna waqt hua, if you don't mind." she asked

" abhi fifth month chl rha hai"

" Allah pak tumhe aur tumhare bache ko nazar se bachaye, Ameen" she expressed.

" zoya tumhe smjh nh aata hai kitni dafa kha hai ish ladki se dur rho, in jaise ladkio ki nazar bhut lagti hai" Farah stated holding her hand.

" behnji aloo toh le jaaye" the vendor yelled.

" nh chiye aise aalo apne pass rkho"

" ammi ye aap ky keh rhi hai, aise koi baat nh hai, maine..."

" ky madam apk wajah se humara garhak chla gya, ab aap toh paise de" she nodded fighting back her tears, her vision blurred while closing the road before a bike could hit her, a strong hand pulled her to the side.

" dhyan kha hai abhi khuch ho jata toh" he whispered yelled, she looked around finding a couple of ladies staring towards them, she pulled her hand from his grip and walk away without looking at him.

" ammi please aise na kre, yeh toh Allah ki dain hai na aap aise na kre, mujhe ye bacha chiye, aap to smjhiye na aap toh khud ek ammi hai, maan jaaye na, aap jaise kahengi mein waisa karungi, har ek baat manugi"

" chup chap jo keh rhi hu woh karo, tumhare chane ya na chane se khuch nh hoga," seeing her husband at the door she ran towards him.

" aap unhe smjaye na, mujhe bs ye dede mein khuch aur nh manguni, apk bhi toh bachi hai, apko nh chiye, itne bedard na bane, uparwala apk maaf nh krega, woh nanhi si jaan ka ky kasoor hai, ye paap hai"

" ab tum hume sikhaogi ky paap aur ky nh, tumhe yahan rehne de rhe hai utna kaafi nh itni gltiyon ke bawjood, amma ne jo faisla le liya wahi hoga aur tum wahi krogi, smjhi" he stated cupping her face.

" mein yeh hargiz nh hone doongi, kabhi bhi nh" he removed his belt, she stepped back in fear shaking her neck, and the tears trickled down her cheeks, the belt landed on her back tearing the fibre of the suit, the second one ripped her skin, she screamed.

" bilkul chup koi bhi awaz nh chiye, ek dum chup" For the next fifteen minutes, she took every hit on her body, she never felt the pain, she knows she is fighting for the lost battle, he pushed her from the stairs in the utmost rage, she screamed before closing her eyes, laying in the pool of blood.

Shehnaaz woke up with a jolt, the sweat beads formed on her forehead, the fear gripped her heart, standing up she checked the windows, door and every corner of the room before laying on the mattress curled up, her eyes remained open examining the the room again and again.

The morning sun rises lighting the room but not the darkness inside her, she blinks her eyes getting up to start her day.
*************
"Kya hua aap sab log aise kyu bethe hai, khuch hua hai ky??" sidharth asked coming downstairs.

" gurlez ke ghr walo ne rishta krne se mana kar dia hai" Adam informed him.

" aaj subah suabh hi phone aaya tha unka"

" chore na humare bache ko koi kami nh rishto ki," his wife aasma stated.

" dar toh ish baat ka hai kahin Hamid ke ghr wale Mishti se bhi inkaar na krde"

" Chachu aisa khuch nh hoga, mein baat krta hu"

" beta afwaahe aksar bhut asardar hoti hai," he uttered going into his room.

" sidharth nasta toh krke jao" his mother yelled.

" bhukh..nh hai ammi"

"ye dukh nahi ke andheron se sulah ki humne,
malal yeh hai ke ab subha ki talab bhi nahi."

Do like, comment and share please❤️❤️❤️❤️