Ch-22

" Hey welcome to my sweet paradise," Avy welcomed them with a full-blown smile on his face and a girl of almost four years comes running behind him.

" Hey!!!" sidharth replied taking him in a bone cursh hug.

" Papa...here it is" she uttered showing him the bottle of rose water to sprinkle on them.

" sweetheart we are not from some Raja Maharaja family neither they are"

" but I will do" she said sprinkling some drop of rosewater on them.

" welcome"

" Yes I know it's shocking.. Umm..she is my daughter Navya" he introduced.

" teri beti???" sidharth asked shocked with the new found information.

" baad mein baat kre ish topic par please."

" umm sure... This is for you" sidharth said handing him the bottle of red wine.

" Navya sweetheart can you sit here, Papa needs to serve" she scanned both of them and nods.

" for a starter this is your favourite Dahi ke kabab sidharth, and paneer tika and corn cheese balls with pudine ki chutney"

" itne sab ki kya zarrorat thi hum bhar se order kr lete" sidharth said.

" bahar se toh kabhi bhi order kar skte hai na, itne dino baad koi mila hai apna jisko ghar pe bula ke khana khila saku" he stated controlling his emotions.

" Khair waise bhi navya ko sab pasand hai, haina baby" he asked taking her sit on his lap.

" say hello to uncle and aunty"

" hello" she waves her hand.

" hello sweetheart!!!" sidharth said with a smile not to make her feel nervous and scared.

" Hello baby" shehnaaz replied meekly holding Sidharth's hand tightly, her nails prodding into his skin, sidharth kept his hand on her trying to calm her.

They had a very good time together, sidharth and Avy refreshed their college memories while shehnaaz listened to them with full attention.

" Avy Tu btayega ab ye sb kya hai, I mean I know it's your life par??"

" She is my sister's daughter, we lost her in an accident, and her father abandoned her as soon as he married someone else...ab mein ushe wahan toh ush janhum mein nh na chor skte the toh I adopted her legally.. Now she is my life...my whole reason to live, aur jo itna pateince aaya hai mere andar woh bhi ishi ke badaulat hai"

" Aap bhut ache hai, warna aaj ke waqt mein kon karta hai ye sb...jahan baap hi chor dete hai wahan rishtedaaro se toh kaise umeed." shehnaaz said remembering her own father who abandoned her and never looked back.

" Mein aati hu paani peekar..." she said.

" i am proud of you, I think we should go now, shehnaaz must be tired too"

" take care"

They were walking after the dinner back to their home as it's only two-lane away from Avy's house, the chilling wind of Dalhousie made them shiver that they can't resist to hold their hands and come closed without uttering single word, they choose silence, they we're unknowingly comforting each other as the past memories came back haunting after reaching her knees give up, she feels her all energy drained out, as she sits on the stairs defeated.

" Hey!!! You wanna talk" sidharth asked seeing her lost again sitting on the

" aisa kyu hota hai, jab bhi mein aage badhne ki koshish krti hu tabhi beete kal ki baatein thappad jaise Padti hai" she let out, he wrapped his arms around her holding hands and resting his chin on her shoulder sitting behind her.