Why Are You Smiling?

Sam has invited me to a pizza night at his apartment, so that's why I'm doing my makeup right now, it's been two days since we went to the Stanley hotel and this is the third time hanging out with them but the first time outside of a haunted place. 

I haven't seen James in a while but I don't really care, I'm actually pretty glad. I put my shoes on and head out to my car, turning on my music, I start to drive to Sam's apartment. 

Walking up to the door I can already hear the music

Walking up to the door I can already hear the music. Just as I'm about Colby comes out of his apartment "oh, hey" he says walking up to me "Hey, how are you?" "I'm good, you?" "Good" I say and then look down at my feet and there is an awkward silence.

"Right well we should head in then" I say breaking the silence after a minute or so. "Yeah… yeah" he says and I open the door. 

"Hey y/n it's good to see you" katrina says as she comes up to me when I walk through the door "Hey, its good to see you too, how have you been?" "Good, how about you?" "I've been good, what do you do at pizza night?" I ask, grabbing a drink "we kinda just chill, eat and talk" she replies as we walk over to the sofa and sit down. 

"So how are you and james?" Kat asks, im guessing sam hasn't said anything about what the psychic said the other day, "oh umm… we're fine" "what have you been doing?" "Um not much I went to the Stanley hotel with the boys, as you know, I've been filming a bit" “got anything exciting coming up?” Kat asks. I like her, she seems really kind. “No. what about you?” “im releasing a new song” “oh really that's so cool. Whats it called?” “not gone” “well i'll have to listen to it.” 

… 

After Katrina introduced me to everyone and we ate some pizza it was time that i went home. I grab all of my stuff and said goodbye to a few people and started heading to Sam's front door when I noticed Colby already leaving in front of me, “hey, you leaving?” he asked, noticing me behind him “yeah, you?” I ask to which he responds with a nod, we get out of the apartment and shut the door behind us. 

“Your friends are all really nice” i say trying to stop the awkwardness while we just stand there “yeah-yeah im glad you like them” he replies leaving us in a horrible silence once again, “right well i should probably get going” i say starting ot head down the hallway before being stopped “wait… umm do you maybe wanna hang out sometime?” Colby asks nervously “yeah, i would love to” “well i think i already have your number so we can text to figure out when is the best time” he says the nerves leave slightly.