Not My Blood.

The car ride was quiet and so is right now, walking up to Colby's apartment, he unlocks his door and lets me in first and then puts my bag down on the counter “i'm gonna go and freshen up” i say grabbing my bag “feel free to use the soap in the shower” Colby says “thanks” i says “bathrooms just through there” he adds pointing to a door. 

I walk into the bathroom and drop my bag onto the floor, I look in the mirror blood coring my t-shirt, I take off my top and turn on the shower waiting for it to heat up. I finish undressing and step into the shower closing my eyes and taking in the relaxing feeling of the warm water hitting my body. I look down to my feet and watch the blood go down the drain, I grab the soap and pour some onto my hand and rub it onto my body. 

After washing my hair I get out of the shower and grab a towel wrapping it around my body and looking in the mirror again “are you okay?” Birana asks “jesus you can't scare someone like that” i say looking over at her “dont ignore my question” She says giving a pointed look “I’m in a towel go away you creep” i say ignoring her question and she just glares at me “im fine now leave” i say and she does. 

I open my bag and grab out a baggy white baggy t-shirt and some black joggers, I close up my bag and put it on my shoulder walking back to Colby “feeling any better?” he asks “much thank you”. I walk over to his couch and sit down on the other side of him “when did you last eat?” he asks “umm i don't remember thursday maybe so that means like two days” i say “what do you want? I could order some chipotle” “chipotle sounds great”. 

Colby orders some food and Colby puts on a random movie while we wait, “what is going on?” I ask confused as to what is happening in the movie before Colby can answer when there is a knock on the door “It’s okay, probably just the food” he says when he notices my body tense, he opens the door and it was the food, my body relaxes. “Thank you” Colby says, closing the door and walking back to the couch with the food, the smell making my brain realise it was hungry, Colby hands me my food, “so what is happening in this movie?” I ask, opening my food and taking a bite. “I'm gonna be completely honest with you. I don't have a clue” he says laughing making me laugh as well 

“Should we put something else on?” he asks “I think we should” I say. And we decided upon watching Shameless US. 

“Are you tired?” Colby asks, we had finished our food a while ago and have just been watching tv, “yeah kinda” “well i will take the sofa and you can take my bed” he says standing up “no i will sleep on the couch” i insist “and i don't want you to fight back. I would feel better out here trust me” I say and he sighs in defeat “fine… i will get you some blankets and cushions” He says and walks off to his room, he walks out a few minutes later with some fluffy blankets and cushions.

“Goodnight” i say “goodnight, if anything happens just come wake me up or something” He says and i give him a smile. Colby goes off to his room and I set up the couch to sleep.

The next morning… 

“Good Morning” Colby says walking into the room “morning” I reply “did you get any sleep?” he asks “no not really… every noise kept me awake” “did you want me to call your parents or anything?” Colby asks, grabbing two bottles of water from the fridge “no thank you, i don’t talk to them” i explain taking the bottle from him “oh sorry” he says “don't be sorry not your fault… what do you say to getting breakfast?” I ask changing the subject “‘I say yes” “okay i'm gonna go get dressed and then we should go” i say standing up and heading over to my bag and grabbing out an outfit. 

I walk into the bathroom and look in the mirror, I splash my face with some cold water, I get out of my clothes and put on my new ones. 

I walk out of the bathroom and put my old clothes into my bag

I walk out of the bathroom and put my old clothes into my bag. I go back into the bathroom and grab the bloody clothes and put them into a bin bag then put them back in the bathroom, i go and grab my shoes slipping them on. “You ready?” Colby asks walking out of his bedroom now dressed “yep” i say grabbing my phone and purse heading out and walking down to his car. 

“What do you want?” he asks driving down the street “i know this cafe just off of hollywood boulevard” “okay put in the directions” He says smiling. “Are you okay? Like really okay… i mean you look like you're okay but if i'm honest it's kinda freaking me out” Colby admits as i put in the directions “you want to know why i'm not crying… I don't know if i'm honest, maybe I'm in shock or something but also I don't want to be sad, that kinda sounds like im a psychopath, but he hurt me alot. Saying that i'm probably gonna break down any minute” I say chuckling. “Right well if you do happen to break down let me know. We’re friends now and i wanna be there for you” Colby says “i will don't worry” i say smiling at him telling me that we’re friends. 

Colby parks up and we get out of the car “so where is this cafe?” Colby asks locking his car “this way” I say walking in front of him leading the way “slow down” Colby says laughing at me. We make it into the cafe and go up to the counter and pick out which pastries we want and order two iced coffees. “Thank you” we say picking up our stuff and walking out of the cafe as i walk out the door a man walks into me, for a moment he looks like Alex, i freeze “hey its okay” Colby says walking in front of me so im looking at him “yeah” I say trying to tell myself “lets head back to mine so we can eat this and watch some more tv, what do you say?” he says “i say that sounds amazing”. 

We sit on his couch eating the food and drinking the coffees while watching shameless. “No Carl is the best character” i say “yeah but Frank is pretty funny” Colby argues “but he is also a dick” I add “I mean true but-” Colby gets cut off when my phone starts to ring. I stand up answering the call “hello?” I say walking to the kitchen “hi, this is officer Deacon, am i talking to Miss y/l/n?” “Yes this is she” I say “I was calling to request you down to the station next sunday is that okay?” he asks “yeah that should be good” i say. “Who was that?” Colby asks as i sit back down on the couch “it was the officer from the other day, he wants me to go to the station on Sunday next week” I explain.