Don't abandon me!

Whitebeard gazes at Shadow with a deep gaze, recalling all of the conversations he's had with the flame user, he's determined one thing. Shadow is short-tempered, Light and Sea, mainly Sea, are the ones who keep him in check. Light and Sea are back in their room, this means that no one is here to keep Shadow in check. 

Shadow, as if sensing Whitebeard's thoughts flashes a feral smile his way, Whitebeard's eyes narrowing in response. While he wanted the boys to join, if it ended with his family being injured, it wouldn't be worth it. Family comes first.

Silver eyes are shadowed by black hair as Shadow momentarily lowers his head, cursing Xian out through the link.

Zorak: Stop pretending to be kind-hearted you know what needs to be done! Percy's only been getting worse since we've been here, why shouldn't I kill off some of these pirates! Especially red head, he keeps bringing back bad memories!

Xian: I know what needs to be done.

Zorak: Then stop playing the nice guy and let's kill them! Percy is suffering because of them.

Xian: I know, but you're wrong. Percy's suffering, yes, but not because of them, we both know why he's suffering. 

Percy: Rachel, where's Rachel?

Zorak: Percy?

Xian: He's having a flashback, I'm with him, do what you need to, but know this. If you do something that makes him cry, I won't let you stay by his side.

Zorak felt anger creep in. Another flashback, when was the last one? A week ago? It hasn't been long. Their becoming more frequent. His head lowers further, the temperature in his surroundings raising as his anger hits a new peak. Percy is suffering! 

The two crews felt the spike in temperature, all shifting around uneasily, backing off from Shadow as they saw black sparks beginning to form around the young man. The atmosphere around the young man was growing increasingly scary, even Shanks felt a chill and took half a step back from the young man. 

The anger that made his blood boil suddenly changed to despair, his blood going cold as the despair made it hard for him to even breathe. Percy's suffering.

All his rage went away, the overwhelming despair made him realize a couple of things. He didn't want to go against Percy, and since Percy doesn't break promises, they really will be here for three months. Percy could die before the three months are up. I don't want him to die...not here...

Zorak focuses, the dreadful thoughts of Percy dying pushed back. Xian is right, we're here for three months. Realizing what Xian's been hinting at, Zorak growls in annoyance. 

Zorak: If I don't get along with these pirates Percy will worry.

Xian: Since you know, stop being such an idiot.

The pirates look at each other, as if trying to figure out who will break the silence. A coldness had spread from the young man after the heat, now it had vanished, but there's still an unapproachable atmosphere around the young man that made others not want to get close. 

Shadow suddenly raises his head, piercing silver eyes oddly devoid of their usual spark as he observes the group. "For Sea's sake I'll bother conversing with you." The words spoken were cold and while they came across as an amnesty, the biting cold made it seem more like Shadow is sentencing them to an early death.

"You don't seem very willing." Shanks states, getting a growl from Shadow who holds up his hand, black flames coming to life, dancing in his palm.

"I will not play nice if you infuriate me. Don't try me." Shadow darkly says, already not liking this being nice thing. "Sea needs me, so let's keep this short. You have five minutes."