Marco's attempt at kidnapping

(Grey Island – village)

"Excuse me, do you know anything of the man called demon?"

A large brute of a man asked. The man's name was Jozu and a division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates. Two division commanders had been sent out to secure information on the unknown being known as Demon. So far twenty-six people later not a single thing.

"Sorry I only know what's on the bounty poster."

The women waved walking off. Jozu sighed glancing at Blamenco who was carrying his giant barrel hammer chuckling dumbly. This was not getting anywhere; it was about time to get back to Pops. Seems like this island was a dead end. Demon probably left after killing Kaido anyway. So much for finding the man. At least the Whitebeard Pirates were able to claim this island under their flag.

(Whitebeard Pirate ship)

"All finished, Pops."

"So, everything's ready to sail?"

"Yes, as soon as Marco, Thatch and Izou's hunting party get back."

"Alright we sail as soon as they return."

"Got it Pops I'll tell everyone to be on standby."

Whitebeard watched his son's rush around the Moby Dick. He turned to have a better view of Grey Island. According to Jozu there were no reports of Demon. It was most likely he moved away, but to where? Doctor Bay ran over with the daily medicine in her hand. Whitebeard scrunched his nose but downed the horrid stuff anyway. He knew he didn't have much longer to live, hopefully by the time he died there was someone to replace him. Marco would do well, but he needed more time.

Thinking about Marco made him appear walking onto the boat with Thatch. Both looked pretty glum, seems they weren't able to get the boy. As soon as the hunting team arrives, they'd need to sail out. They've been on this island to long and there are reports of unusual Marine activity near here.

"Did you find the boy?" Pops asks.

Thatch nods, saying, "Yes, but he wouldn't come with us."

"Pops, I'll be running a bit late, I have to go grab out little brother." Marco says, and Pops gets the feeling he knows where this is heading.

"The one who's unaware he's your little brother?" Pops asks, with a gleam in his eyes.

"Yup that's the one, I'll be quick." Marco says, with a smirk.

"Don't make the brat hate you, or you'll be dealing with Ace 2.0" Whitebeard says, remembering how Ace used to be.

"Pops, Ace didn't hate us, he just had a tendency to try and burn the boat down." Thatch says, with a mock hurt expression.

"Be back later Pops." Marco says, and turns into a phoenix. Flying up he starts searching the island from the air.

(Somewhere far above Grey Island)

Xian: Race you!

Percy: You're on X!

Percy and X raced around the island. Percy easily keeping the lead, but never straying too far from X. X laughed slowing, his white scales and wings glittering.

Xian: This is fun!

Percy: Yeah!

Percy watched X fly in his half-form.

"You're getting better at flying." He yelled flying closer.

"And you're still faster." Xian yells back, the wind pulling at them.