The gods vote

Author: I don't own Percy Jackson characters or One Piece characters, only the plot. Cover art isn't mine. This is a crossover between Percy Jackson and One Piece, enjoy the read!

(Olympus throne room)

Everything was wrong, all of it. 'Why' that sole word reverberated through every fiber of the young boys being. Distantly he heard voices, powerful voices, voices of gods. Gods who betrayed him once already. So why was he here? Why, because he messed up, something happened that changed everything.

He heard another booming voice and for a moment there his mind drifted back to when he happily called those people his family. 'Family' He laughed at the thought a dry hollow emotionless laugh. How could he ever even for a mere second think he could be happy? That he could be loved and have a family. Not once, but twice that hope was lit inside him. Twice he saw it destroyed either by his lovers or by the death of a loved one, maybe both.

His eyes turned to gaze up at his uncles and his father. His cold eyes landed on his father wondering, curious if the man still loved him. Hours ago, his life crashed and burned around him all because of a mistake he made. A fatal mistake, but one he himself willingly made. If only he could turn back time and undo what he had done. Another tear streaked down his cheek the loss of his boyfriend all too fresh. How long ago was it, hours? Maybe a day by now, he had lost all track of time.

A warm hand touched his side and the boy flinched away. Looking up the boy saw his Uncle staring at him with grief-stricken eyes.

"Lord Hades"

The boy whispered his voice cracking slightly near the end. Lord Hades led the grieving boy over to a corner where the other gods wouldn't hear them.

"Do you hate me?"

The lord of death glanced at the young boy grief over the loss of his only son filling his eyes. His only remaining son and the boy's boyfriend Nico Di' Angelo who died mere hours ago.

"No, I once thought I did but I saw how happy you made my son. He died happy knowing you were alive and safe. Truth is, of all the gods I might be the only one who doesn't hate you."

The boy's eyes filled with tears; how could Nico be happy he was alive? How could he be happy without his lover?

"You don't blame me?"

"No, I saw first-hand the joy you brought my son. You tried your hardest to save him."

The boy flinched at the words his next couple words filled with so much emotion.

"My hardest, how can you say I tried my hardest, my hardest wasn't enough! Nico is...Nico was..."

"Calm yourself, I know. I blame myself as well, the gods did nothing to help their children. If anyone is at fault we are, if we had simply looked up from our thrones maybe this would all be different."

Silent tears dripped onto the floor from the grief-stricken boy. The god of death closed his eyes counting down trying not to cry.

"You understand what the god are talking about?"

The boy nodded knowing all too well what the gods were talking about. They were discussing the short war between demigods. No that was wrong, if they were simply discussing that the dark looks, they gave Percy wouldn't be there. Or at least there wouldn't be as many. They were undoubtedly talking about what happened after the war.

They were talking about what the Primordial's had done to the boy seconds after the war ended. The Primordial's all twenty-four even Tartarus and Cronos and dirt face, I mean Gaea who hated his guts chose him as their heir. They had deemed him as they put it worthy to receive their powers without deciding to destroy the world. The boy in his grief over his lover's death never answered them and they took it as acceptance and wasting no time giving the boy there very life essence. All their powers and domains entered the boy melding with his own life force.