Marco's revenge on Thatch

(Whitebeard Pirate ship)

"Thatch where are you, yoi?"

Marco yelled wanting to surprise him with the cookies. No this is not to be nice, but to rub it in Thatch's face that there's a cook that's younger and makes better cookies then him.

"What's up feather-head?"

"First it's not feather-head! Second, try this, yoi."

Marco handed Thatch a chocolate chip cookie and watched Thatch eat it. Thatch's reaction was immediate, he always did have a thing for meeting other cooks and exchanging recipes. It was a cook thing. Thatch felt his body melt away with the sheer deliciousness of the chocolate chip cookie.

"Marco, Marco where oh where did you find such a treat?!"

Marco grinned, time to get Thatch back for putting soap all over the main hallway. Half the people were sliding on top of others. Marco himself had fallen and taken a boot to the face, to say the least he wanted revenge.

"Se-cr-et!"

"What! No featherhead, I mean Marco you can't do this I need to know who made this. Need recipe I won't survive without it." Thatch whines.

"No, yoi."

"Is this about the prank I pulled this morning with the soap and hallway, I'm sorry I won't do it again please tell me!"

"No more pranks, yoi?"

Thatch froze his face going from pale to paler. "No pranks for a day?"

"Week." Marco said, knowing his dear brother can't survive long without his pranks.

Thatch looked ready to cry as he said, "Okay how about as long as were docked here no pranks?"

"Alright deal, now let's go meet with Pops and I'll tell the two of you." With that Marco walked off, leaving Thatch to follow in misery. Thatch watched Marco's retreating form muttering curses and mourning the loss of his pranks. How he'd miss them for the long two days, maybe one maybe shorter he's already forgotten what Pops said.

"Pops you in there?"

Marco shouted banging on the captain's door. A minute later the giant door swung open. Marco felt dwarfed beside Whitebeard who was at least twice his height. Pops body was thick with muscle and yet there was the smell of medicine from IV's and countless attempts at curing Pops sudden sickness.

Deep down everyone feared for the strongest man in the world. Captain of the finest crew and the one they called father. They could see he was growing old and this sickness could kill him whether it be in a month or a year. Pops had an upright curved mustache that was white. Along with the few white wisps atop his head.

"Pops I met an interesting boy out in the woods."

"Come in and have a seat." Marco followed Pops in taking a seat of his own next to Thatch. Whitebeard listened to Marco replay the events in the forest. He laughed at Thatch's face when he said the boy's cooking was better.

"What's this boy's name?" Pops asks in question.

"I didn't ask, but there's something off about him. I never saw his face, but I could almost feel the sadness coming off of him. I don't know what happened in his life but whatever it was, was bad, yoi." Marco says with a serious expression that isn't often seen on his face.

"It looks like mama bird has found a new child." Thatch said chuckling. Marco glared and said,

"Here I was thinking Thatch wanted to meet the boy, guess not."