Pineapple Phoenix

Percy wasn't in the best of moods and meeting a random person wasn't what he had been planning on doing. The person was pretty strong, and the flaming thing was pretty cool. He frowned memories of Leo son of Hephaestus overcoming him. He shook his head plowing on through the woods. Now wasn't the best time to have a flashback, especially not with a random stranger. Why did Percy even invite him over in the first place? Oh, right he was hungry, and Percy wasn't one to let people starve.

"You live here, yoi?"

"Sometimes."

It was a nice small cabin which Percy, Zorak, and Xian used to escape the worst of the storms. It was also where Percy tended to put his cooking supplies. Percy sent out a thought to the two dragons.

Percy: Got company, don't come back till later, hunt if you want. I'll save leftovers if you don't want to.

Xian: We'll hunt.

Percy: Alright, sorry.

Zorak: It's fine

"What are you making, yoi?" The flame guy, or pineapple head as Percy has named him, says.

"Why do you keep saying yoi?" Percy shoots back.

Marco looks at Percy with exasperation. That look Percy is very used too, after all he's gone through a lot of teachers, all who share that look. "Why are you out here alone?" Marco tries a different question.

"I asked first." Percy says.

"No, I asked a question, you asked one and I asked another. I was first, but I'll answer if you answer?"

"Not interested." Percy says as he pulls out a pan.

"What, but you were just interested." Marco says, starting to think the kid is better at evading questions than Izo.

"Lost interest, I'm making pork-chops, mashed potatoes and cookies."

"So you can cook?"

"..." Percy looks at Marco with a 'seriously?' expression, as he gestures at the food that is being prepared.

Marco sighed, 'so maybe that question was a bit stupid.' Marco was getting nowhere with this kid. He watched the boy cook wondering why he kept his jacket on. He opened his mouth to ask before shutting it. The boy would probably reject his question with one of his own.

The boy was graceful, probably more so then Thatch in the kitchen. He chuckled, on that case compared to the boy Thatch was a disaster.

"Is something funny?" The boy asked, with a questioning look.

"No, just memories." Marco says, still smiling, lost in his thoughts. The boy didn't say anything to that and instead turned back around.

Percy frowned, there was that word memories. Looks like this man had some happy memories. Then again, it's doubtful the man's gone through three wars at a young age. Percy frowned at the man then back at the blue dye. In the end he shrugged and skipped it. Percy wasn't hungry anyway, and really didn't want to be asked about the blue food. Too many memories were entwined with that.

So as long as he didn't eat it would be fine. He could always dye a couple cookies for himself. A tender smile appeared on his face as he rolled the cookie dough placing three blue ones on the tray with the others. How long has it been since he made the promise to only eat blue food in memory of his mom. Of course, he could break the promise in dire situations, but he'd rather not.

"Here, are you okay with chocolate chip cookies?" Percy asks.

"Yeah, yoi."

Percy nodded still trying to figure out why the man said yoi at the end of every sentence. Marco grabbed the plate wondering how long ago the Whitebeard Pirate's had docked. Maybe an hour ago hopefully they weren't looking for him. He glanced at the pork chops and mashed potatoes. The smell making his mouth water, had Thatch's food ever smelled this good? He took a tentative bite before digging in.