Twenty-Eight: Unless you touch her

The odd behavior he displayed toward me and the usage of such kind words were the moments that sparked so many ideas. How did he know I liked those kinds of flowers, and why did he assist Joe? The more I pondered, the more questions I began to have. I was in the middle of some serious thinking when a loud noise came from a field next to my house. At that moment, my terror began to return on its own. Joe and my mum were there. My legs were moving quite quickly in the direction of the sound. When I arrived, I noticed the micro-man running in Ethan's direction and alerted him to the fact that someone was attempting to both demolish the house and arrest Joe and my mother.

"Is my mother okay?" I hurried over to ask him and gave him a forceful shoulder shake. "Tell me, are they okay."

"Joe was in their clutches, but your mother is fine," he replied with a sorrowful and worried expression.

As soon as I heard the scream, I immediately assumed that it was them who had captured Joe. I hurried in their direction and they pointed the bullied pistol down to my knee while Ethan pulled me back.

"You see they have guns, right? Why didn't you think this out before you acted?" Old Ethan was back with his nasty remarks once more, and his demon sight had returned.

"Ethan, please help my brother!" When I called him by name for the first time, I noticed that his touch was tighter and he pushed me to the back of him.

"Don't act foolishly right now. You talk too much which irritates me," he spoke poorly, but his manner was different.

"Well, let's not get all lovey-dovey here. After this, neither of you will be alive. Prepare yourself for it." One of the men, who appeared to be a boss, spoke to us and informed us of the presence of my brother, Joe. The gun was leveled at Joe's head.

I yelled "Joe," and I almost raced over to him, but Ethan pulled me back to my feet.

"What do you want?" with a steady voice, Ethan said.

"For my brother, I want your life,'' He said before moving on. "Don't you recall the party guest who was involved in an accident that day? He was my younger brother; he has since died suddenly. Whom am I to blame? He used to chat with your wife, as far as I know, and then his car crashed. Why was so cruel?" he asked in a dejected and furious tone, and the look on his face made me shiver. I became even more worried for the safety of my younger brother, Joe, as a result of those enraged eyes.

Ethan didn't speak or look him in the eyes, but he started the talk with some remarks that surprised me. "I won't touch anybody unless they touch me first."

"He doesn't touch you, and I don't understand why you treated him that way. Our family did not want to harm you or anything, but this is too much." He pointed at me and said, "We only have a son, but now he is dead beneath your dirty hand. I had no idea that your family placed more value on love than on power. Because of that poor girl, you ruin the friendship that your father is trying to maintain between the two families."

"Shame on you!" he added, grinning, as he continued to glance down.

"It wasn't done by us. We only teach him a very small lesson. Anything else has nothing to do with us.'' With a serene expression, Ethan said. "It is up to you if you don't believe in us."

Everyone was tense and had serious gestures in their eyes as one of them began to pull the trigger of the gun, but before one of those guys could, Ethan already pulled the trigger and shot the man who was attempting to harm Joe. Later, when Ethan shot them, Joe was trying to flee by moving to hide behind the tree. And, the micro-man saved my life by shielding me from the gunshot as it hit him in the shoulder.

"Are you okay?" His blood was already on my palms when I worriedly questioned him.

The second gunshot was focused on me, so he yelled, "Run!" and shoved me away, using his body to shield me.

When Ethan noticed us, he came to me and pulled me back so I could hide behind the car before returning to the battle. There was no place where I could see Joe, and the shooting looked awful. Suddenly, I heard Joe shouting, so I ran to see where he was. However, as I was running, someone shot me with a gun that was pointed in my direction. Fortunately, Ethan was there to cover me from the front. As he approached us and started to fire again, the awful person who lost his brother was shot before he could do so. Joe was the one who shot him behind.

That micro-man and Ethan had already been cured by their personal doctors. I went to the micro-room man's where he was still in bed sleeping, but his sense was still awake since he was calling my name. "Mrs. Marie!"

I approached him slowly and noticed that his hands were covered with several bruises. "Are you okay?"

"Thank you for visiting me. Mrs. Marie."

"Since it was what Ethan wanted, I guess you can let me die on that day."

He questioned me without looking at me, "What makes you think like that? Although he is my boss, I feel more like a brother to him. He not only helped everyone, but he also helped my family."

He appeared to have an excellent relationship with him, but Ethan did not treat him as he had said. "He might have been so cruel like what you saw, but he was pure and gentle," he continued. "He might also reflect on how he handled people differently, especially those he cares about and loves."

"You seem to know him and be really close to him."

"Believe me, he is not a bad person, and I am speaking with you because I believe you might be able to assist him in becoming who he once was and living his life as he should have. When that guy touched you at the party, he was showing his concern for you."

It was also a good idea for me to learn more about what he did to Joe at the time he told me about Ethan. "How about Joe? He made an attempt to hurt him?"

"He didn't, I was unaware of his intentions when he ordered us to give him an injection to make him pass out so that we could record and send it to Mr. Gordon."

"Why did you share all of this with me?" Due to how abrupt it was, I began to suspect that.

"As I tell you, I want him to live his life—a life filled with love and truth. You are that person."

"I think I am second,"