Twenty: The old game began!

We were officially back home and the home I used to live was never changed. Joe was sitting in the wheelchair looking at me and mom in a very happy face. He slowly gave me a smile and then said,''Sister, I am sorry for everything. I should have listened to you since the day I met them.''

''That's alright Joe!'' I said and gave him a hug he used to have since he was young. He was my only little brother so how could I ignore him and scolded him while everything that happened was someone's plan. Just a second, a phone call from someone I knew very well popped up on the screen. It was him, Mr. Gordon.

''Hello,'' I answered the call.

''Hi, Marie!'' a voice of him was cool and calm.

''Why do you call me?'' I asked without knowing about his purpose.

He remained calm and talked like there was nothing wrong.''Come to my house and we have something to discuss.''

''I am at my house now and I think I can not go there.''

''I will ask my guard to take you and it is an important work,'' he said then hung up the phone leaving me doubt about the important work he mentioned.

I turned to my mom and her face was not alright as I could see how worried a sign he showed on her face. ''I heard you talked with him! What did he say?"

''He wanted to meet me and he asked his people to pick me up.''

''Marie, my feeling told me that there is something bad would happen so please don't go!''

I moved myself to hug her and said something to cool her down.''That is going to be alright, mom! Don't worry much! I know what he is going to talk about with me.''

She released me and touched my face.''What is it, Darling?''

''You said he loved his money more than anything so it is definitely that he will talk about buying our land.''

''Be careful dear!'' she hugged me tightly and kissed me on my head with a secret whispering. Then I gave her a smile.

I managed to continued asking but stopped as the loud sound of the car was popping up in front of the gate.

''How fast it is!'' I said to myself and gave my mom a kiss to thank her for the good news she told me.

The drive back to his house was long enough for me to close my eyes, but I couldn't sleep because I was in the car with the unknown man. Along the trip, he remained silent, and I followed suit. I was finally in the house. I attempted to locate him, the insane man, and Emma, but no one appeared to be at home. The room was large, and I noticed his harsh father sitting motionless in the chair. He turned around to face me and began speaking.

''Sit down!'' his voice was very cool as always. "I think you know what I want to talk about you today."

"If It is about the land, now I think you should change the subject because my mom told me that she had paid the debt for my brother so we did not have to sell the land. Anyway, the contract you made between us also ended. I want a divorce."

"You think It can be done by that? It is not that easy. Do you know who pays for it?" He responded as calmly as ice, carefully turning his head to face me and looking me in the eyes.

"Who?" I wondered.

"If I said it was me! Do you believe me?"

"Impossible!" I said and started to feel disappointed. "You can't have my land!"

"Why not? If you want to have it, you need to pay me double because now it is mine."

"I won't sell it to you," I said and managed to walk away, but his last words almost killed me to death.

"Pay!" he stood up and walked to stand in front of me. Just now, I could see how bad he was when my mom said the money was his first priority. "You have no choices, but because your mom asked me for it, I would give you a choice. You have to make my son love you and show me your love for my son can be over the money. If you can not do it in a year, you have to leave the land alone."

He waited for my response after completing his transaction. What I believed was incomprehensible in comparison to what he did. He still had my land, and he used it to strike a deal with me, promising that if I lost it, I would leave alone. What about Joe and my mother? His objective was to divide me from my family, but I refused to go along with it. I uttered things because I needed to respond.

"What if I win?" I asked.

"You can stay with him and I won't bother you anymore."

"How about my family?" I asked him, my voice trembling.

"Do not worry! I won't do anything! They will be safe! "

"I mean after I win, I can live with them?"

"Sure!" his answer was clear enough, but the way he looked was scary. I was not sure that I should believe his game.

#Flashback!

"Did you already fall into his game?" mom said, examining my face for the answer.

"I did!"

"What was it?" she asked, giving me her sign of worried about something.

"He wanted me to marry his son!"

Now I was in his game again!

Can I survive this game?