Thirteen: Emma Lost!

His voice was solemn, yet his eyes glowed with passion. Our faces were only an inch apart, and the fire inside of me began to ignite. It seemed as though electricity had already begun to circulate about my body. My heart began to beat more quickly than I could control. The way he looked at me made it extra harder for me to breathe. While he remained calm and motionless, I was the one who broke the awkward silence by pushing him away with all my might, successfully removing his hands from mine. His serene face was still cold.

''Mind your own business,'' I murmured something and ran out of the room without even listening to his last words, which he dropped as though whispering.

The night was long enough for me to yawn and fall asleep, while the cold crept into my bones and the loud barking of dogs jolted me awake from my slumber. It was a frigid night, and nothing seemed to happen around here. What puzzled me was why they hired someone to secure their home while having a dog. To tell you the truth, if I hadn't been in debt, I would have broken all of his bones and teeth in order for him to never bark at me again. He was nuts to bring me here when it was chilly and quiet, and the sound of those barking lunatic dogs gave me goosebumps all over my body. There was no shadow of people wandering around here at ten o'clock, almost midnight. Slowly walking to my room to get some sleep, I was startled by the sound of something, so I ran to the home and checked it thoroughly, moving my eyes everywhere to see what it was, but nothing was found outside of it.

"What the heck?"I said to myself and came out as whispering. Might be sleepy mood got me confused. The security should be good here.

My thinking prompted me to check her room first before going to mine. As soon as I arrived, the door was opened, and I was surprised to see her room was messy and there was no sign of her. I was running faster as I could to locate her back as I searched the yard and every area of the home for her. The sound of something cracking like a vase suddenly struck my ears. My legs kept going to the source of the noise, where I clearly saw a girl attempting to flee from some men, but she was unable to do so because they put her in a sack and transported her. Because of the great distance between us, I couldn't see their faces or even hers clearly. My brain told me it was Emma because of the cluttered room and her absence.

"Emma!" I called her name loudly to let them hear and it did catch their attention."Let her go!"

They said nothing, not even a single word. They just stared at me, masks covering their faces and practically all of their heads, allowing me to see only their eyes.

''Let her go before I destroy all your bones and get you all to the hell.'' I said, giving them the damn warning words.''Well, do you know who I am?''

They remained mute and looked at me as if I were an idiot, which piqued my interest in who they were, performing such a thing in a Mafia mansion at night. I simply thought for a bit in my head and then began to play a mind game with them.

''Maybe you don't know. I am the one who gave you life and love...''

''Mom!'' one man finally said.

''Your mom!'' I said and watched their reactions.

''Bitch!!'' Another man mumbled something and pushed closer to me, bringing his hand near my face, but I grabbed his hand and spun around, then splayed my long legs across his neck to knock him down. I dashed over to them and fought them in the ring like Ronda Rousey. It was difficult to defeat one of the men because to his strength and large size. He managed to punch me hard, but my fighting skill never let me down as I used my swift power to bend him down like Brock Lesnar. That demonstrated to me that watching wrestling was a good idea. All of the males were down and fleeing when the sound of another female crying from upstairs diverted my focus away from them. The fact that the voice that came out was Emma perplexed me. So, how about this girl who's hiding inside this sack?

I dashed over to her and grabbed the sack. That girl wasn't Emma, which surprised me. She was a different person.

''Who are you?'' I asked.

''I am a maid here,'' she said, her voice shaking.

''Why didn't you scream?''

''They warned me from screaming and if I did, they would kill me.'' she replied, literally crying in pain.

I leaped to my feet and dashed upstairs, looking for her everywhere until the image of a girl climbing on the table made me laugh out loud. There were no other individuals in the room but her and a mouse under the table.

''Why did you laugh Marie?'' her voice came out really shaky like a wave of the ocean.

''Nothing, let's get off from it!'' I said and spread my arms to get her down, but she was still afraid to do as I asked her to. I was still leaving a smile on my cheek.

''Stop smiling!''

''Okay Okay!'' again, I still kept smiling.

She was finally jumping from the table and got in my arms as I opened widely waiting for her to jump. Her face was pale and dark at the same time.

''Can you chase that mouse away?'' She remarked this while pointing to the large black mouse, which was staring at both of us in awe as if it were a human.

''Okay, go and sit there!'' I instructed her to sit on her bed and ran after it, but it was too late; the sound of the gunshot nearly destroyed my ears and jolted my head.

''Brother!'' she called his name and ran to him quickly, leaving me standing alone.

As his intense blue eyes nearly terrified me to death, I turned my head to peer at him. He killed it with his gun because it was only a little animal. What about myself? The thought caused me to stand silently, unable to explain what had just occurred. When the vision of my brother getting shot slowly surfaced in my jumbled mind, the gunshot gave me the creeps.

''Let's change the room. I will ask the maid to clean here.'' he talked to his sister without looking at me.

''Marie!'' Her voice reached my ears, but I remained motionless because my mind was still spinning with that vision. Her fingertips then gently brushed my shoulder, jolting me back to reality.''Are you alright?''

''I am alright!'' As I began to walk away from where they were standing, I replied quietly. Both of them were standing behind me, observing me.

Surely, He was heartless!

To be Continued.....
Vote, Comment, and SHARE!