Three: Don't mess with the boss!

********
Welcome to the next chapter!
********

Mondays were usually exhausting for me since I had a lot of work to finish before the week break. I had to think about something, and that was my mother! When I returned home from work, not even a shadow of her was visible. I was very anxious, but suddenly her voice came from her room upstairs, and my good attitude was restored. As far as I could tell, her voice was cracking. I inquired, and she replied that she was OK as she opened the door and smiled broadly at me. I had a feeling something was wrong, but she attempted to keep it from me. I sincerely hope she was unharmed.

Even yet, the events of the day lingered in my mind. It was strange to consider how terrible he was in order to attract so many assassins. On that day, I was on the verge of dying, and it was a miracle I was still alive. I was overjoyed at the prospect of tormenting him and leaving the scene without incident. He grabbed my arms and held me, giving me a weird feeling I'd never had before. He was heated, but owing to his speech and acting, his body and mind were actually cool hearts due to the events of the day.

I had a job to do for money and a family that was constantly at my side, so I had a lot more fun than I could convey today. You couldn't believe it when I told you I had two jobs. One worked as a librarian and the other as a waitress in a well-known restaurant in town. They were not my ideal employment, but I had the little option because my ambition was to be an author, which was difficult to achieve owing to my poverty. My sleeping attitude was usually ruined by the hour since it was already seven o'clock in the morning. I was running late yet again!

As soon as my legs struck the floor at the restaurant where I worked, some unfamiliar eyes were on me, and there were not only the diners present but also the flash of my boss's eyes, which were black in the fog. My legs were hurrying to the workplace, and several of the individuals I worked with were speaking in hushed tones that attracted my attention.

"That was how she dared to tamper with him,"

''Him? Who?'' In my thoughts, I enquired as curiously as I could.

''Boss, Is there something wrong?" I attempted to glance at him for a fast answer, but my curiosity got the best of me. I took a seat and resumed my explanation. ''Look! Boss, I intended to contact you yesterday, but there was a...... I mean a thief who tried to steal my phone. So...''

I attempted to make up an explanation since the fact was that the insane bastard guy had taken my phone and had not yet returned it to me. I was so foolish not to take it from him. How could I obtain it, was the question. I had no idea where he lived or where he worked. I promised myself that I would kick him behind and reclaim my respect.

He said nothing, not even a single syllable. His face was dark and gloomy, making it difficult to figure out what he was thinking. His startling demand literally stole my breath away.

"Miss. Marie, I believe you are a valuable employee, and I would want to promote you to a job that is more challenging than this one, but you should leave us immediately."

I was on the verge of crying because of his demand.

''Why?'' That was my inquiry, I explained, and it deserved a good response.

"You don't need to know why since you're fine to go!" his expression remained the same.

"I'm extremely curious as to why, because you stated I was a good employee, so why do I have to leave?" I was frustrated and perplexed as I stood there.

"You should be aware of that, woman!" he said as he attempted to flee the premises, but I stopped him with my rudeness.

"You'd best tell me right now!"