Eight: Debt and Deal

Welcome to the new chapter♥
Thank again to readers who always read this crazy story
....

We were on our way to our house, which was a bit outside of town. From there to here, it took us only one to two hours. While driving down the road, my mind kept returning to the request he had made to me, which I had previously refused without giving it much consideration. He drove us home in his sleek black vehicle and handed me a card with his phone numbers on it.

Not only once, but several times, I examined it. Joe sat calmly next to me, and his face, as I could see from the corner of his face, did not appear to be in good shape.

''Joe!'' I yelled his name, but he didn't respond, so I put my hand on his shoulder and softly shook it. "Are you all right?"

"Yes, Marie!" I was just concerned about Mom. We haven't found her yet." His voice was trembling, and he had never been so terrified before. He remained silent till we arrived at our destination.

''Joe, Don't be concerned about Mom. She could arrive home before us." I stated this as I drew my hand away from his shoulder.

"How did you know she was already home before us?"

"She only has to get the medicine and then she'll be back home," he said, and my thoughts went back to what she had done to my father whenever he mentioned her. It was difficult to believe she had done this to him while he was still alive.

''Marie!'' Joe began contacting me, urging me to return to reality. "How are you feeling?"

''Nothing!''

"Did you think about him?" he said, mockingly, as he studied my face with a direct gaze. "Did you do it?"

When he responded, "What are you talking about?" it almost rekindled the fire inside of me to blaze anew. "Joe, don't bring anything that has anything to do with him!"

For a time, I didn't talk to him, but my interest was piqued again.

Joe," Please tell me! Did you have a conversation with him?'

"Yes," he said.

"What exactly is it about?" I inquired.

He turned to face me as if he didn't have a response to this question since he just stared at me and didn't say anything.

"How come you didn't respond to me?"

"There's nothing significant here, it's all about guy things!"

"What's with the man things?" I pondered about his meaning while I stared him in the eyes. "What exactly is it?"

"You really want to know about it?" he said, moving closer to me and whispering in my ear.

"We intend to find a woman and marry her, and....."

"Stop it!" 

As I could see him grinning on his face, I hit him in the shoulder and pushed him back to his seat.

"I'm kidding, my shy big sister," he murmured as he sat motionless once again. He appeared to be pondering about something.

We were finally back home as we exited the car and went toward our house, but before we entered, a man in the car reminded me of something I had nearly forgotten.

"Mr. Gordon stated he was waiting for your response." After reminding me of these things, he drove away.

''Sister, what exactly is he on about? Answer? What's your response? ''