Nineteen: Sour Moon

Everyone wished for sweetness and pleasure after their wedding day, when the couple spent the night together in love and care, but I witnessed none of this in my recent life while staying and living with the beast. Last night was the worst night of my life, thanks to a man who was as cold on the inside as he was on the outside. That was not the night I wanted to relive. After our cat and dog fight, I walked outside fatigued and took a deep breath to get more oxygen and feel alive and free of those crazy ideas. Nothing could have worried me more than the sound of a man fighting from behind, because he sounded like the town's mafia. When I spotted the picture of his bodyguards covered in blood all over the floor, I moved my legs toward the source of the disturbance. The man on the microphone caught my attention on the day of our wedding. His face was almost completely covered in blood, making him unsightly. I wasn't just staring at them; there was another image in my mind: a tender heart.

"What happened?" Finally, the words came out properly, which was a stunning reaction. They'd just turned around to face me. Only one person remained as stone-cold. Ethan was still grasping his hand, I saw.

"Anybody tells me what happened?"

"It is not your concern. Mrs. Marie!" One guy I exactly knew spoke in a cracked voice as it came out as hard as he could. "We made mistakes and we deserved it!"

"What did you guys do?" Mouth inquired, as the brain began to hint at what had occurred. "Whatever occurred, he should not have treated you this way." I turned around and looked for explanations from everyone, but there was nothing I could find. He remained mute and stood motionless, not even glancing at any of them.

Everyone was out of the ordinary as they stood up and bent their heads, leaving him and me stunned. Instead of being offended or grieved by his conduct, they simply hung their heads and walked away, saying or doing nothing. Is that even possible?

Something came to mind when he was in his relaxed condition, and it wasn't just one question, but numerous. He didn't even look me in the eyes or ask me a question. I was still intrigued and moved to go suddenly because it was not the ideal time to ask or converse with him because everything was already dark. I went on to find first aid and prepare myself, but then I realized that I shouldn't be so sympathetic to him because I loathed him much more than I imagined. After a minute, something urged me to be pleasant rather than nasty because humans make mistakes. I was leaving the kitchen and handing it over to one of the maids, then handing it over to the servant.

On the inside, he was so calm that his owner's guard seemed to be being punished for no obvious reason, but my rational mind told me that he was upset because he was accidentally talked about who had hurt Emma that night. If I didn't leave sooner, he might kill them with his own hands. The phone from my room upstairs rang in a flash, and I dashed upstairs to answer it.

"Hello," I waited after answering the phone, but there seemed to be no response. I put it down and walked away, but it was instantly summoned. I answered in the same manner as before, and this would be the final time. In a few moments, the same number rang again, and it was from the hospital where Joe and mum were being treated, as I remembered.

"Hello,"she paused a bit and continued. "Marie, it is me your mom."

"Mom, anything wrong with Joe?" My voice became a little trembling and sounded anxious.

"No!" her answer made me relieved and fine to hear it. "I just miss you and want to call you."

"I miss you too. Mom!" I replied and got a little sobbing when her sweet voice came on the phone saying that way.

"Are you and your husband getting along?"

"That is good here mom!" I said, pretending my voice to be calm and cool.

"Good to hear that, Darling!" She repeated it in hushed tones, almost whispering. Was she in tears?

"Mom, Joe is getting better now?"

"Yeah, he is. Because we get enough blood, he can leave the hospital tomorrow as he resisted."

"It is okay. I will go and pick him up. We will be back home soon."

"Home?" She seemed really confused about the word I meant. "Your husband's home or our home?"

"Our home! Not his!" I replied.

"Sure, it is our home. Not anyone else!" Her voice came out completely confident. "We will be together in that house."

Finally, we returned home after a very unpleasant honeymoon.