Twenty-Five: His secret lover

Another morning arrived, and my naked body was laying on the bed, covered by the blanket, with their hand of his on top of my chest. I admitted that he was attractive since the air from his breathing was hot and the smell of his body was also pleasant, but a part of me advised me to forget what I had thought and what had happened the night before. Was it on the intention that he acted the way he did? There was no reason for him to do it to me; we were just not in a real married and we didn't love each other. The more I thought about it, the more perplexed I became. This is something I should not allow to happen.

I lifted my fatigued body from the bed, which was really painful because he had done far too much to me, and I couldn't imagine how my body had reacted, and it was now too weak for me to move properly out of the bed to the bathroom. But the moment I moved, his massive hand grabbed my back and yanked me back onto the bed. Not just pulling, but covering me with his body. I could sense his heavy breathing once more.

''What are you doing?'' I inquired and tried to take my gaze away from him, but he remained silent and fixed his gaze on me for some time. "What are trying to do? I am not your toy and how can you do that to me? Answer me!''

''Any concern you have after last night?'' His frigid eyes never left mine, and one hand touched my unkempt hair. ''Are you feeling regret what you give me last night?''

''Shame on you!'' I said and tried to push him away, but the more I was trying to, the more he kept closing to me.

''What did you say? What I should be ashamed of while we are already husband and wife?''

''Don't play with me. I will never get myself into your trap. What do you want from me? If it is just for a sake of the land, why did you have to do all of these?''

''If I buy the land, would you sell it to us?'' I sensed something buried behind his deep glance. "Land is something my dad wants, but I want something else.''

''Tell me and if I can give you, I will. But, let me go!'' My voice appeared to be begging him for it, and I was terrified of him. Something I've never experienced before.

''The topic is closed,'' He said this as he stood up from me, slowly putting on his clothing and making his way out of the room. ''It is just the beginning of our life together so prepare yourself and also play your role well.''

''Crazy guy!'' I said in a silent voice and if he heard, he would punish me again. Such a bad guy!

I got ready and went to the kitchen to see what I could serve myself before leaving the house to meet my mother because I didn't want to sit at the same table as his family. Someone touched me from behind in less than a minute, and I was surprised when it was Emma.

"Marie! Are you alright?"

"I am okay." glancing at her for a second and continue getting myself to the food.

"Are you really fine? Your face is pace, Marie. Anything bad happened?"

"No, Emma. I am just..hungry."

"Alright, let me tell someone to prepare the food for you. Just get yourself comfortable because I can see how tired you are."

Oh, my god, I had a terrible night last night. He should not have treated me that way. It was excessive. Emma tried to bring me back to reality while I was still thinking.

"Marie, I hope the day my brother shot the mouse was not your concern. He was not so cruel just like what you saw. He was just trying to protect me from anything that could harm me. And I could see you were surprised to see such things."

"It is just a mouse, Emma. Just an animal." I replied to her in a very confusing way.

"Yes, I'll admit it. But, Marie, what you see does not define who he is. I don't defend my brother, but I can tell you right now that he is a lonely man who had only me and his mother, but since his mom died, he has been alone. Then, there has been one person he loved, and it was more than a simple love; there was something deeper in his heart, something that could brighten his day. I couldn't tell you anything else. Just to let you know that he has been lonely because he lost his lover, as I previously told you."

"His lover?" I said in curiosity and desperately wanted to know who she was. "May I know where she is now?"

"She is in somewhere we don't know. My dad did not allow her to be with my brother because she is poor and he told my brother that she only needed money."

"I am curious she was dare enough to play with mafia-like him." My mind was racing with questions since this woman could be the reason I can't fall in love with him. If I could get him to fall in love with me in a year, I could pay off the debt I owed him. You know what? He ruined my first night, the night I was supposed to give to someone I loved, the night that was intended to be the start of a lovely relationship. Ethan has destroyed everything. He had to pay for it.

Someone approached me and requested me to do something while I was deep in thought about his lover. "Pardon me, Mrs. Marie. My boss ordered me to inform you that you have to join him outside today and that you must wear the dress he bought for you."

''Must?" I replied in a high-note voice, but I am trying to calm down a bit. "Okay, I will be there, tell him not to worry since I am already his prisoner."

"Marie!" Emma said and continued. "Just relax and I think he wants to introduce you to the others in the party ceremony. You should be happy about it since he rarely does that..."

"Sorry for letting you hear those words. I just lost myself." I said calmly and pretended to be nice to the guard. "Wait for me in the car. I will be there in 15 minutes."

"Yes, Mrs," he responded politely and left us.

Emma walked up to me and threw her arms around my shoulders. Then she said something that almost convinced me of what she was trying to persuade me of. "Marie, I think my brother sees something in you. Believe me, he rarely does that to anyone else besides his past lover. You are the second."

You are second!