Ten: Water

Mr. Gordon had requested his security to bring all of my belongings to his residence before nightfall. My fatigued body had already laid down on the nice bed in his residence after the contract had been formed between him and me. When the image of my mother and my wicked brother flashed through my head, I couldn't close my eyes. I couldn't believe Joe had treated us bad in the back, but as a big sister, I was always concerned about him. I alternated between moving to the left and the right. Finally, my legs started going downstairs and I got myself ready to go outdoors, but there was someone sitting on the couch, staring at the large photograph he had advised me not to touch that day.

"What was he up to at this point?"I pondered silently and stood there like an idiot, pondering what he was thinking while staring at that large photograph. He began slowly shifting his head to the other side, prompting me to flee the area where I was standing. I ducked behind the pile and kept my gaze fixed on him.

"Did he see me? I hope not!"I whispered, not letting even little sound to let him know just only with my inner mind."Marie, Get back to sleep and forget about this!"

As the footstep of someone near me, I was slowly departing the location where I was hiding. I knew he caught me by glancing at him from behind, and walking away made me uncomfortable, but I had little choice because I couldn't face him right now. I didn't even slow down when the sound of his voice stopped me from fleeing.

"What did you do here at this time?" He questioned, drawing even closer to me so that I could smell his perfume from behind, which made it difficult for me to breathe."Don't you answer my question?"

"I_ I want to take some fresh air so here I am."

(Breathing, Breathing, Breathing)

When my face moved and stared him in the eyes, a step closer snatched my breath away. As I stayed staring at his eyes for a while, I was not afraid to hide my bravery in front of him.

"I can go around here without asking your permission 'cause I will be your....," When my voice paused for a moment before continuing, I was about to reveal my secret of contract marriage to him." I mean I will be your sister's bodyguard and that is my duty to walk around at night and during the day. No doubt about that!"

" Isn't that to say I'm your employer and you have to do everything I say?"

"Whatever!" I said something, took a step back, and moved away fast, but not quickly enough to let him know how desperate I was to get out of here.

"Stop!" When his footstep got even closer, this time face to face with me as I moved to witness his reaction one last time, he almost roared at me.

"What?" I screamed and stared at him hard."What do you want?"

"I said stop you have to stop and don't let out your screaming words to me cause you have no right to do that." He managed to get away, but paused to deliver his final warning words. "Being a bodyguard here might be your best choice, but it is also the worst decision you made."

"Choice? If I have a choice, I will slap you in the face and kick you out of my sight. You know what? I can't stand your shitty words and the way you controlled people around you. You crazy DUDE!!!"

Since the day I met him, I didn't know what made me brave enough to shout at him with the words I wanted to express out loud. He was a dictator who demanded that people follow his orders. I had had enough of his spoiled attitude. Nothing could keep me from yelling at him this time.

"Crazy Girl!" He did not face me, but his annoying words still irritated me." I will teach you a lesson then you can mind your insolent words next time."