Seven: Welcome to my house!

Tell me who has reached this chapter!
Vote
Share
Comment
Below

*******♥*******

After we reached here, everything became totally wild. I had no idea what I was doing because there was no purpose for me to come to this house in the first place. The mind was sometimes at odds with the brain. My head warned me not to come while my heart desired what it desired.

The scale of the home, as well as the exquisite, sumptuous design and fashionable decoration, gave me an impression of his status, power, and wealth. Many people were gathered in front of the massive gate, and others were bowing to us from the house's entrance. Walking down the golden bridge to the castle, I felt like a princess. Everything inside was lovely, although the stillness within was a touch eerie on the walk there. Joe and I had already entered the building when something really large caught my eye. The large portrait of a family, which was actually a door, with all men dressed in black suits and a gorgeous woman dressed in a long white gown, and they were all smiling, except for the little kid who looked to be the boss around here, who did not even crack a grin. I suppose he didn't know how to greet this lovely planet with a grin.

My legs came to a halt in front of the portrait for a few moments before I was able to touch it, but someone's voice yelled from the other side, warning me not to touch it. There was only one man here who dared to yell at me as he did, so there was no need to let me guess who it was. He was approaching me at a quick pace, not leisurely. He was now standing there like a bum, looking at me.

"What are you doing?"His stare made me want to die, and his next words made me want to puke."This isn't your house. Don't touch anything here hastily!"

Joe and I exchanged glances before moving our gazes to him. His young sister cut me off by trying to shift the subject as soon as I opened my mouth to bark at him.

"Welcome to my house!" she said as she walked up to my side and took my hands in hers. "Come in here, and I'll show you around."

I wanted to refuse her right away, but Joe accepted my hand with a gentle shake from behind.

Mom was nowhere to be found, and I didn't have enough money to return home, so staying in this place for a bit after I located her would be a fantastic deal. I had no option but to walk with her to every location she took me. I could still feel his dark blue eyes flashing in the back of my head. I turned around to see Joe standing next to him, chatting about something I couldn't understand.

She was attempting to tell me a lot of facts about each of the rooms I'd entered, but I interrupted her because my brain kept telling me to inquire about the photo I was going to touch.

"Um...well...," I stammered as her quick words ripped through me.

"Oh, I forgot to ask you!' she exclaimed as she returned her gaze to mine and began her pleasant remarks. "What is your name?"

"Yes, my name is Marie Anne, "I responded, giving her a loving grin. "It's a pleasure to meet you....."

"Emma, Emma Gordon," her words and smile signaled friendliness to me. "But everyone referred to me as Mellony! You may refer to me as Emma or Mellony. It's up to you!"

"Emma is beautiful," I continued with a warm grin for her. "Emma, it's a pleasure to meet you!"

I had to stop grinning since her surname"Gordon" offered me a hint about someone I was looking for.

I began asking her the next question I had in mind. "Could you tell me more about that photograph?"

"You meant the photo that my brother told you not to touch!" she reclaimed my inquiry and moved to the window, standing tall and gazing out at the clear sky.