Catch Up

*Song Recommendation for this chapter: To the Moon by Phora*

~~Jade's P.O.V~~

I plop down on the couch next to Kelly giving her a small nudge "Thanks for coming over.. You were going to piss him off if you would've kept talking about Roman." she slowly nods playing with her fingers " So listen Jade, I know we stopped doing our whole thing but do you ever miss flirting a bit?" my eyes widen a bit taken back by the question "Kels I don't know how to answer that." I feel my palms becoming sweatier by the moment "Why the sudden interest in talking about this?" I question wiping my palms against my jeans "Well to be honest, I've missed our little make-out sessions and you know I'm a lonely and horny drunk so." her cheeks turn a light shade of pink keeping her gaze on her fingers in her lap; I've never had those kinds of feelings for her but I always feared she would end up having them for me especially since she can get kind of attached... This is why I stopped things when I did because I felt the shift from this just being a fun thing to do to something.. different.

"Kels you're gorgeous and I love you but I love you in a best friend kind of way." she glances at me with watery eyes before plastering a fake smile on her face quickly wiping away a tear "Yeah I know that I was just curious." I feel the awkward silence beginning to fill the room "Kelly, you will always be my best friend no matter what but maybe you should try to find yourself a girlfriend? I know you've never really had one but maybe you should try just so you know if what you feel is really what you feel for me or if that's something you need." her eyebrows knit together "Maybe you're right, I've always tried to be with guys and it never worked out.. it was so easy with you and its not like I don't check out other girls but I never thought of acting on it since I had you." I nod with a small smile "Then try, you never know until you try." after a while of us sitting around talking and laughing a knock at the door interrupts us.

"wow..right on time." Kelly chuckles "Like usual." she points out as I walk to the door, I open the door with a wide smile spreading across my face "Kitten!" he yells engulfing me in a hug lifting me off the ground "Handsome!" I giggle holding onto him for support "well, well, well if it isn't the big man himself." Kelly smiles watching him set me down with open arms towards her, they hug for a moment before pulling away. "didn't expect to see the devil herself here." he chuckles flashing his perfect smile. Roman is a year older than Jay making him two years older than us standing at 25, he owns his own Software company which he built from the ground up and it's the reason we separated. He just didn't have time for me and we both decided it wasn't fair so we decided the best thing to do was to be friends until we could try again someday. He's a handsome man, with brunette hair, Dimond stud in his ear, tattoos running from his neck cut off by the white t-shirt he had on, his tattooed arms pressed against the fabric of his t-shirt leading down to the silver rings decorating his fingers, with dark blue jeans hanging low on him falling into his white Nike's.

"Well you know I got into a fight with my brother so I'm staying here for a few days." she lied, I wonder why she wouldn't just tell him that she was here to supervise but at the same time I'm relieved that she didn't. Roman and I do have a special type of relationship, one that Jay and I don't have and may never have. The thought of never actually being Jay's send a ping of pain through my chest "Let us get you and your things into the house." he smiles sweetly at me "Sounds great." Once Roman is comfortable and all settled in we all settle into the living room to catch up. "so how's your company doing?" I ask feeling a bit excited to finally have him here "Well it's been great actually, I've invested in a few other software like Microsoft and even security software like Norton." I smile wide feeling so proud of how far he's come "How's the shop coming along?" I blush a bit embarrassed that I still haven't opened up my shop yet.