𝐀 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐔𝐭𝐚𝐡

Pairings: Wilbur Soot x Reader
Warnings: Cheating
Pronouns: They/them
A/N:  An old story I wrote a few months ago that I didn't end up publishing. Here you go. 'Dreamland' refers to the Greater Dream SMP. I find that it's easier to refer to it that way.

——————————

Wilbur swore that he had never smiled as bright as he did when he saw them again. After hours of travelling by boat across the timid waters and after countless attempts of holding back his sea sickness, he had finally reached land and was ready to face his old partner. His spouse, his beloved. He hadn't seen them since he had left their old home those many years ago. He was prepared to rekindle an old flame, one he had never believed that he'd ever relight again.

His hand knocked on the same golden knocker that was situated in the centre of their front door. He could tell that the house was still home to somebody since the grass on the front lawn looked like it had been freshly trimmed, perhaps only a day or two ago. Also, the plants all looked like they were frequently watered and cared to by the person living in that home. And to tie all of this together, the mailbox was exactly how he remembered he had left it, with their names poorly scribbled into the side of it.

After a few seconds of waiting patiently at the entrance, he finally heard the handle click open from the other side to reveal who was stood past the doorframe. The doorframe creaked open very gently in order to frame the person that Wilbur's eyes had met with. His spouse of over a decade made their appearance in household robes that were neatly tied to their body with a bow.

"Wil." They hummed in an almost deadpan expression, as if they weren't the slightest bit surprise to see him.

They shot him an emotionless look when they had seen the state that he was in. He wasn't at all like how they had remembered him. His short, brunette curls had now grown longer, and it appeared that the bunches were contrasted by a white streak in his fringe. His chin was strewn with stubble and they were able to count at least three visible scars on his face and his jawline.

He may have been a bit clouded by his own excitement to notice the unimpressed stare that his partner was giving him. He had held a bright smile pressed onto his lips as he felt himself fall in love with them all over again as soon as he laid his eyes on their beautiful face. His entire complexion with gentful with longing to be with them, and he extincitibelg held his hands out to invite them into a tight hug.

"(Y/n). My dear—" He smiled, taking a step forward to bring them into his embrace. However, this action was swiftly put to an end when they held their hand out in front of him.

"I'm going to stop you right there." They stated sternly, pushing his hug away with just one push of their palm. Wilbur just shot them a blank expression, a little hurt by the fact that his hug had just been rejected.

"Is everything okay, my love?" He questioned solemnly, his voice laced with worry- As well as an English accent.

"Okay, before I invite you inside, I'm going to need you to drop that dumb, British accent." They shot him a stone-faced glare, their nose wrinkling a little bit. "It sounds weird."

"I'm... Sorry, I don't think I can..." The man chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck. "It's sort of stuck with me now. I can't just turn it off."