31

[Chapter thirty-one]

-Winnie-

I watch as Flynn, Octavia, Kamri, Mia, Lucas and Beau pose for pictures.

Let's rewind, shall we?

-

Octavia finally decided to put her plan in motion.

Unfortunately, that plan included me getting dragged along with her to hunt down the guy that took Lucas' virginity.

Fortunately, convincing him to ask Lucas to prom wasn't hard at all, because the dude has liked him for the last fOUR YEARS.

Octavia, Kamri and I crouch behind some bushes at the front of the school, spying on Lucas and Beau, who are sitting on one of the benches, a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolate in the former's arms. Lucas' face is so red, I'm getting starting to get a bit concerned.

"I'll see you later," Beau grins at the shorter male who looks like a whole tomato. He then nudges his head in the direction of the bushes we're crouched behind. "I think someone wants to talk to you."

I have never seen someone turn so pale as quickly as my sister did in that moment.

Kamri rubs her forehead in exasperation as I kick her straight in the ass.

"Why would you have half of your big ass, fucking head sticking out from behind the bushes, when we're meant to be spying?" I hiss at her as Lucas looks over.

"I will kill you, Winnie."

"Shut the fuck up." I kick her again and she falls out of the cover of the bushes. "Go talk to him. And don't come home until you guys are besties again."

-

And that brings us back to now: The night of prom.

I had already taken photos with them all.

I also have no idea where Adonis is, but he'll probably catch up with them on the way to the school.

Still, it would've been nice to see him all dressed up, looking like a full course fucking meal.

"Ben, stop trying to ruin the photos!" Uncle Danny shouts, grabbing his son and picking him up. "Don't make me tell your mother!"

Flynn and Octavia look at each other awkwardly as Kamri and Mia, and Lucas and Beau start taking couple photos before choosing to stand off to the side.

I sink back into the couch as I watch them, more sulky about the fact that Adonis isn't here, than anything else.

I feel a frail hand push my hair back gently as a body takes place on the couch next to me.

"Are you sure you don't want to go to prom, hun? I could always help you get ready." My grandmother, Tanya King, asks gently, running her hand through my hair.

I relax into her touch with a slight pout. "I'm sure, Nana."

"Then I take it you're just sulking because that Doni boy isn't here."

I look at her with my eyebrows reaching my hairline.

"How—"

"I know everything." She relaxes back into the couch cushion, tossing me a smug smile before laughing softly with a shake of her head. "Your father still tells me everything."

I groan silently. "You raised a snitch."

Nana smiles at me. "You're just like your mum, you know that?"